What fish is this?

tacklebox

tacklebox wrote:

thanks guys. i caught it off the rocks at manly yesterday and had no idea what it was. interestingly, someone fishing at the end of the rockwall caught a shark! just under a metre long from where i was standing.

sharks are everywhere - if you want to catch one yourself just throw out a live bait like the trumpter or silver biddy you caught, big herring or small mullet are probably the best but if they are there and hungry they will take anything. then, simply hang on and have fun!!! :laugh:

benno573 wrote:

sharks are everywhere - if you want to catch one yourself just throw out a live bait like the trumpter or silver biddy you caught, big herring or small mullet are probably the best but if they are there and hungry they will take anything. then, simply hang on and have fun!!! :laugh:

thanks benno but it's not my cup of tea. especially not on my poor 1-3kg rod! :blink:

benno573 wrote:

do you fish the rock walls often? i have only ever fished there a few times, caught stingrays and catfish... :laugh:

I only got back into fishing this year but yeah been there a few times. I also caught a 25cm bream and 25cm whiting that day on bait. I tried a few HBs and flicked plastics around for a while with no luck. Must admit I don't know what I''m doing though :blush:

[i only got back into fishing this year but yeah been there a few times. I also caught a 25cm bream and 25cm whiting that day on bait. I tried a few HBs and flicked plastics around for a while with no luck. Must admit I don't know what I''m doing though :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived