first jack boated

noname

to cut a long story short i ended up going for a fish last night with me mate patty who was going down to colmslie. told him to get some bait as i would not be far behind, by the time i get the boat off the trailer we now had 4 prawns between us, so off we go on our merry way to brekky creek, after we anchored pat's on almost straight away, catfish, lol and a bit of a payout on him, stayed a while longer for zero, so decided to move. to the spot i have been having trouble with security officers, but armed with the correct information now. after we anchored, maybe 20 minutes and i got a cod, good size and released unharmed, almost straight away, on again, this time a bully, over a meter, but not sure on size overall, not really interested in the sharkies to much. it went quiet for a while , maybe 10 mins and pat's on to something good, told him probs another bully and laughed,the line was behind the boat then took off along side, but out wide of the boat, and this thing was hooting, went for cover in the form of rocks but pat soon fixed that, then the anchor rope was the next, so we switched places and got it beside the boat, looked like a jew, all silver, but with the exception of a good set of teeth, we had nothing. so we got the bucket and got him in it from behind. dirty buggars!. after getting the fish out and empting the bucket, we looked at the big fella again and hi was turning that distinctive red, i said you 1836372, you got a jack, no ruler, so scratched the bottom of the boat and he went 63cm, he also went back unharmed, so the tinnie is now all clean and ready to go tonight maybe. we did everything possible not to catch this fish so it just goes to show, maybe luck has something to do with it, just maybe, it deffinately did with us.

cheers rob

jeff f wrote:

noname wrote:
so decided to move. to the spot i have been having trouble with security officers, but armed with the correct information now.

what is the correct info rob so i can put the goons in thier place?

cheers rob

fact; you are allowed to beach the boat, but no fishing

fact; you are allowed to fish from a boat as long as it's afloat, anywhere there, keep 30 mtrs away from the old wharf, and your right.

the information i got was from neil who is the port of brisbane security coordinator, so if told to move on, stick to your gunns.this is 100%

flatty_catcher wrote:

nice catch

seems like there is a bit of action in the muddy water

caught on prawn?

when we left brekky creek we went back to colmslie to castnet some more, the 2 guys there were leaving and gave us their livies, all be 4 poddy mullet all of 3 inches long, when we got to the last 2 livies, we pulled fillets off them, and that's what did the damage.

noname wrote:

flatty_catcher wrote:
nice catch

seems like there is a bit of action in the muddy water

caught on prawn?

when we left brekky creek we went back to colmslie to castnet some more, the 2 guys there were leaving and gave us their livies, all be 4 poddy mullet all of 3 inches long, when we got to the last 2 livies, we pulled fillets off them, and that's what did the damage.

nice,lots of good structure round there

cheers

I am glad you cut the long story short....LOL

Great read though, and its always a hoot when you catch something a little bit out there and not what you were looking for.

I trust you are asking Santa for a landing net and brag mat for Christmas? I think everyone though has scored the marine ply in their tinnie at some stage with a 'record catch' to be measured at a later stage.

shortie wrote:

Rob im assuming that the jack was not caught on the now confirmed Fake EGrell rod

I can dig up old threads confirming that the woomera blanks where actually marketed as Egrells and they where very expensive (2006-07).

they came out with fuji guides.

I doubt you have any REAL confirmation.

Show me a signed letter or email from Egrell stating he never marketed these rods.

Truth is its a venture that went pear shaped MOST PROBABLY OVER FINANCES NOT QUALITY and IMO Egrell doesnt want to pay for the colatoral damage such as warrantys or reputation.

Feral landed a good size Barra on his 6-12 lb Egrell, and anyone who picks one up knows they are a good rod..LMAO

cheers

i am not getting into the rod debate thing, the other rods i have are fine, i have also showed some people who know how to build rods, their claim is the blank, not the rod was faulty, due to the way the blanks are made. happy to show ya the rod if ya like

cheers rob

Archived