[RESOLVED] AFO Re-load / Speed issues

Biggles

Hi guys, our ever knowledgeable Webmaster has asked me to post up a speed/re-load issue I have here at AFO.

Issue:- The AFO website takes for ever to reload/refresh and even drops out a considerable amount, which makes site navigation very very frustrating. It has always been like this even prior to the upgrade.

I run firefox and generally have an internet speed of about 6200kbps, I have super fast access to every site I visit , just not this one. I have an up to date version of Trendmicro and all security settings are fine.

So, for all the computer buffs out there, what's wrong and how can I fix it???

Thanks for your help. :fishing:

Regards

Al

try disabling/turning Trendmicro off and have a quick browse of AFO then. See if there's any changes in speed.

it doesn't take long for me to refresh from this site. did take a while a little wihle ago on the older server just after the update of the new layout.

TerryH wrote:

try disabling/turning Trendmicro off and have a quick browse of AFO then. See if there's any changes in speed.

it doesn't take long for me to refresh from this site. did take a while a little wihle ago on the older server just after the update of the new layout.

Nope, no difference with Trend turned off. Is is a little quicker now being 12:44PM, was running like a slow dog this morning and last night.

Thanks for the help thus far guys..

Al

Biggles wrote:

TerryH wrote:

Nope, no difference with Trend turned off. Is is a little quicker now being 12:44PM, was running like a slow dog this morning and last night.

Al

Bummer, was hoping it was somethign simple like Trend doing somethign stupid in scanning AFO and thus taking ages to load through that. :S

TerryH wrote:

Biggles wrote:
TerryH wrote:

Al

Bummer, was hoping it was somethign simple like Trend doing somethign stupid in scanning AFO and thus taking ages to load through that. :S

I'll just keep plugging away.

Al

• 1 month later...

Archived