Is The Daiwa TD Sol Worth IT???

Gerty_92

ok im in the market place for a new reel...ive been told by many people to get many different reels...ive sorta norrowed it down to 2 (which will probably become 3,4 soon enough) and these 2 are the shimano twin power 1000 and the daiwa td sol 2000...ive heard alot of goo things about the td sol and it alos looks preety sweet...ive also heard alot of negatives about it...and i havn't heard any negatives about the twin power only good but its more expensive...

so it would be great if you could direct me in the right direction between these 2 reels or if you want direct me in a completly different direction if you think both of these reels are not worth it.

my available balance is $300ish

thanks all feedback both negative and positive will be apreciatted

Cameron

I too am in the hunt for a new reel but im thinking of going for the twin power 2500, it is $299 compared to the sol $289. (MO tackle prices) I have only ever looked at a twin power and it ws just the smoothest reel ever. And another thing is that the shimanos have a 10 year warranty on them.

Anyway thats my 2 cents worth.

Jindivik: You probably will have to pay the postage costs. I had to when I did a bulk buy from Anaconda with the magazine. Also Nabeel's mate did the same with a Shimano Stradic at Amart. He had to pay the $15 postage and handling fee.

Gerty: Depending on which Amart stores you goto they'll have different reels in stock. Though the best I've seen at an Amart store was a Twin Power 4000. Also what model number is the Twin Power from Italy?

But yes, I would go with the Twin Power. Reason being the Twin Power was brought in the Shimano line to clog the gap between the Shimano Stradic and the Shimano Sustain. But what they did was take parts from a Shimano Stella and have used them in the Twin Power. Though the Sustain has upgraded Stradic parts in it. Making the Twin Power a better reel then the Sustain anyway. Also they haven't upgraded the Sustain in a year or so now so it's getting outdated.

Troy

Blue_Mako: I know your right but i just printed the website page for the tp and showed them, the guy who served me didnt even check if the store was in brissie or if it was authentic.

I walked out with the twin power 2500fb for $267.10.

And after the 2 spools of fireline i got it put the price back up to the original price of the reel, $320.

Not bad eh

Archived