Best and Worst Rods and Reels

Gerty_92

Hey i thought to give everybody help in buying new rods and reels we should have a post where everybody has a say on the best and worst rods and reels

best reel: shimano twin power, very affordable for its perfomance

best rod: anything in the loomis range

worst reel: dont know yet

worst rod: The Strudwick SicStick Range

be good to see many replies on this topic.

happy new year cameron

Guest IcEkNiGhT

my favourite reel for price would have to be the diawa sealine range as there afordable and soo hardy, as for rod i just get customs made ,

My favorite reels - the Shimano R series. $20 a throw, bought a few of them for the kids to destroy nearly a year ago, still going like trains. No bearing to rust, 17lb drag pressure. Been dropped in sand, salt and mud, just rinsed under tap after each \"drop\" otherwise just tossed back in shed after each trip.

best; anything that feels good in your hand and does what you require

worst; anything that doesnt!!!

i have some cheap rods and reels that are far superior to some of the expensive big name brand stuff i've owned and used. $40 rods that do the job better than a $500 loomis why pay for a name?

Exactly - while I will get myself an Okuma like Rays eventually, (spent all my christmas money on those bstteries!), I reckon those cheap shimano's are best value for money, because bang for ya buck they are brilliant, and do a very good job. While the Okuma certainly feels much better in the hand, the shimano still feels good! and at 1/5 of the price, (or 1/15th of Australian retail price) you cant go past them.

Same deal with a \"comet\" rod I got as part of a combo from Big W a year or tweo back, it had a crappy jarvis walker reel on it that is pretty much only good for use as a snapper sinker, but after my loomis, is my best rod by far! (Better than the Loomis on light stuff, but the loomis is an 8kg rod)

got a jarvis walker combo my first rod and reel it has the switchover for left and right handers. I went to cast and plop the retaining clip fell on the ground the reel handle flew into the water good thing I was on shore and picked it up screwed it back in went all right

Didnt catch anything that day. But that was my fault a good tradie doesnt blame his tools But decent ones make it a whole lot better

My all time favourite reel, was a saratoga reel. I think you can omly buy there gear from ebay, but i havent looked anywhere esle lately. Very sturdy, smooth and easy to use. Was my fav reel till i lost her over board, with my then fav rod as well. Bloody stingray!:angry:

BEST::: I use a 6ft Jarvis Walker tuffstik rod,$16 from Kmart fitted out with a Rainbow gd2000 11bb spinning reel,$15 from the USA.Reels wrapped in 6 lbs fireline,$25 from Kmart. A very cheap outfit but very effective.Ive had the big name brands and just wouldnt pay the price their asking, when I can get it cheaper and it works twice as good....cheers Dazz

BEST::: I use a 6ft Jarvis Walker tuffstik rod,$16 from Kmart fitted out with a Rainbow gd2000 11bb spinning reel,$15 from the USA.Reels wrapped in 6 lbs fireline,$25 from Kmart. A very cheap outfit but very effective.Ive had the big name brands and just wouldnt pay the price their asking, when I can get it cheaper and it works twice as good....cheers Dazz

Archived