[RESOLVED] Soooo Slooooowwwww

kreel

I used to sit on AFO for hours at a time and loved every minute of it. Lately it is so slow and unreliable that I can only stand it a few minutes before I jump to another site.

I can't be the only one experiencing this as I have the same problem on my work computer, and have heard similar problems from other AFO members.

I have really loved being on this site and would like to enjoy it again.

Can we have an update from the AFO WebSTIG,

on my end the whole format of the forum has changed and when i first hit my bookmark it said the page didnt exist and i had to access from a diff way... no recent post list on the right at all which was great, so i have to troll back through normal forom page ... huh huh huh

You can still access the latest posts via the "Latest Posts" tab up the top.

I much prefer this new view, as it provides a much wider screen for the forum text without being cluttered by the "latest posts"

Even still, I still have way too much screen space taken up by a plain light blue background:P I'm sure webby might be able to work on having the site adjust for larger screens?? in a while.

It's not quite as snappy as it use to be a year ago, but at least it only takes a couple of seconds now, compared to getting dinner ready before a page loads up.

Ok well that is promising that it is faster for everybody. I have just been testing it with 50 users online and it is working very fast for me.

The wider screen is intentional and means that the forum is not cramped, provides alot more room for photos.

Latest Posts are found now at the top of the screen.

We are continuing our mission to ever improve the forum and do take into considerations all of your requests and suggestions. In another 4-6 weeks we should be able to improve the speed and performance greatly with another upgrade.

@terry the fluid width you are talking about has been noted though at this stage we are still in planning stages.

webmaster wrote:

@terry the fluid width you are talking about has been noted though at this stage we are still in planning stages.

Would definately like to see this webby! I'm sitting here on a wide screen and I'm only using half the width:lol: I think we were able to choose width back on one of the orginal setups we had back in our baby daysB)

Yep agree with Dostylez. The latest posts down the side was a neat feature. Plus it uses up some of the wasted blue space:)

Umm over all MUCH faster than it has been in recent weeks. I was able to open about a dozen tabs which all loaded within a minuteB)

Thanks guys for giving us our beloved forum back:kiss: I bet we'll see the posting activity will ramp back up to usual now!:woohoo:

cheers, yeah im onto it. Still have a few more things to work on but im not on my normal computer today on a mac laptop (:() so will have to wait til im home.

there are more cool things coming to the site as well soon so stay tuned...

UPDATE: broken images link fixed on latest posts on homepage

• 2 years later...

Archived