Dogfight for sale!!!!!!!!!!!!

JackBarrett13

Never had the pleasure of playing with a saltiga dogfight (apart from in the tackle shop), I think what people mean may have meant when they say the drag system isn't the best is that it come on suddenly rather than smoothly. This can apparently be very easily rectified with a carbon drag upgrade.

they come on strong for 1 reason, the species targeted with this sort of gear.but beats me why so much drag, will never use it's very very hard to gain line on a fish with 12/15 kilo of drag from a boat anyways, without the harness. but these reels are deffinately pull you out of the boat gear.

dhess wrote:

Never had the pleasure of playing with a saltiga dogfight (apart from in the tackle shop), I think what people mean may have meant when they say the drag system isn't the best is that it come on suddenly rather than smoothly. This can apparently be very easily rectified with a carbon drag upgrade.

Wow that is pretty ordinary for a $1500 reel!

goat_man_baa wrote:

noname wrote:
there are reels out there better than this, around the same drag pressure, which by the way you would never use, but with better drag systems.

More info please noname

i have a expedition, dog fight, accurate, all on the same rods, all the reels perform well with the exception of 1 reel staying a lot cooler due to the drag system used is my guess. to be totally honest, i don't think you would need 1 of these reels for fishing the brizzy and sunshine coast areas, i used them for deep water jigging in 200 mtrs of water and i hate overhead reels, so i was looking for spin reels with line capacity as well as a good drag, but found all these reels ova kill really.

Archived