Hands up for a Moreton Bay AFO cleanup

I was about to say, this is something best left to the 'officials' for the exact reasons Angus mentioned.

However, I'm with Angus. I think it'd be best to contact the appropriate authorities, and NOW rather than later. Obviously such a task would needed to be done ASAP I imagine.

I was about to say, this is something best left to the 'officials' for the exact reasons Angus mentioned.

However, I'm with Angus. I think it'd be best to contact the appropriate authorities, and NOW rather than later. Obviously such a task would needed to be done ASAP I imagine.

Just an idea. Why not contact the shipping company involved. They would be shitzing themselves at the moment and may already have plans in place that volunteers can assist with. Especially on the wildlife side of things.

Cheers

Perhaps what we could do is contact: Anna Bligh, EPA and the Green party - all of whom have taken prominant stands on protecting Moreton Bay and ask what assistance we can be in helping them with their activities to clean up the oil/fertiliser spill.

In this way we can gauge what they are doing, planning to do. If they they have something worthwhile to contribute or if they are just full of rhetoric.

I was thinking more along the lines of saving any animals in immediate danger. I know there's nothing much we as individuals can do with the oil itself. But it'd be great if we can help in any way at all.

from Leigh Warneminde

to Eddie Zhang

date Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 10:59 AM

subject RE: Moreton Bay Cleanup

hide details 10:59 AM (19 hours ago)

Ddear Eddie,

Thanks for the offer, we aren't doing much yet but if it does we will let

you know.

We are still monitoring our remaining turtle nests. When the hatchings erupt

they will be taken to Underwater World and released by boat away from the

oil spill.

Regards Leigh