New toy :)

Do$tylz

So after considering how much my forearm and wrist hurts after 4-5 hours solid casting, I figured i needed to do something about it. I was considering specifically targetting those areas at the gym... but that takes up valuable beach muscle building time :P

So... just went and bought this...4th go got 9386rpm.... not too bad i guess.. planning to build up to at least 13000 rpm.

Hopefully it helps strengthen my left wrist for some good consistently long casts. B) [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/18032009952_AFO.jpg

post-873-144598488208_thumb.jpg

You need stretching exercises, not muscle building. The reason your wrist and forearm are sore is from overuse and shortening of the muscles.

shake your lower arm so your hand flops about on your wrist for 30 seconds or so to warm up the wrist joint, then gently bend your wrist as far back as it can comfortable go and hold for 10 seconds. Do the same bending it forward, then put your arm out straight to the side like your about to cast. Put your thumb inside your fist, then then bend the wrist down (sort of kinking your wrist sideways)to stretch the top of your forearm.

DO this often, and your problems should disappear.

Feral wrote:

You need stretching exercises, not muscle building. The reason your wrist and forearm are sore is from overuse and shortening of the muscles.

so stop it before you go blind :silly:

and build a longer rod enlargers are reported to work :blink: or a girl friend :woohoo:

J/k bud :)

I still find a 2 handed casts are far more powerfull and easier to cast you can punch lure's into tight places way better IMO

Gaz

Well I checked out the website on the box...and well its one of those spinning things that build your mussles up......got me f*&$ed..... I did notice that theyve got-em on the site for about $10 less than whats on the box, but some are really exxxy. Lot of money for a spinning gyro thingamajig :silly:

hahaha...

yeah it was 79.95... So its called a Powerball, but it basically works on the principle of a gyroscope.

How do you make it work??

You put the ball in the palm of your hand, feed the cord through, rip the cord and start turning your wrist in a "pot stirring" motion. As you build momentum and speed the ball begins to gain speed internally and at the same time begins to exert pretty much random energy that takes plenty of muscle power to control and maintain speed. Apparently if you maintain 10000rpm for a minute, the energy exerted equals 15kg... what does that really mean?? I dunno... but its FUN :)

It is pretty damn addictive. My g/f was skeptical and laughed at my waste of money (seems to happen a lot)... but was converted pretty quickly. She clocked ~7600.

website. www.nsdpowerball.com.au

yeah. it was definately an impulse buy :) I was just messing around on the net looking at stuff and found this... then found that one of the shops that stocks it is 50m from my office. I needed an excuse to justify buying this toy... so my excuse is a sore wrist and forearm when fishing :) but I'm pretty happy with it. Its pretty damn fun and we now have a leader board at work to see who can get the most rpms. I just clocked ~10900 last night...woot.

Gaz - yeah definately 2 handed casts for one that needs to get out there... but one handed flicks for most of my bream/flattie/whiting fishing.

What I find works really well is to change to casting with your strong hand (right for me) and wind with your left hand. It does take a bit of practice but it is much easier when casting sps for long sessions.

But that powerball does look like fun ... for a few mins

Archived