Awoonga - 2007

Brian D

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What only 1 popper Brian? What you got for running over the weed banks, some shallow runners? hard to tell from the photo.

I am going fishing with Ferg at MacDonald tomorrow, been getting ready for Awoonga for so long, took me half an hour to find all my light fishing gear!

No Feral 2, the big brown bugger above i sa fizzer popper, but I have some surface plastics also.

THe best shallow stuff is top right, Egogear suspending and floating, I love em but man they cost a bucket, the 4 lures in the top right row cost more the the full tray of hyper vipers. The 3 vipers 2nd top right are 1m+.

Hmm how long can you hold your breath Terry?

I was reading an interesting article at the Quacks this morning. I was perusing his latest fishing news, circa 1977, big article about the newest craze - canoes and Barra fishing in rivers, and how difficult it was because you basically cant put much pressure on big fish, (your just winding yourself in to the fish) and how currents are a big problem when trying to play fish. (Cant paddle, so you drift down stream, meaning if the fish puts you around something that is basically it, as you then have the weight of the you and the canoe in the current straight on the line)

Geez Feral - were you getting a checkup on the ticker to make sure you'll be able to handle the excitement ?:woohoo: .

Don't you love the waiting room when there's fishing mags/books/articles to read. I've read Starlos book in it's entirety (don't know if all that waiting time that's a good thing though:unsure: )

I was waiting at the bloodsuckers one morning when I saw a mag that had a freshwater seen on the front and something about sun and nature in the title. I thought that's the one for me, picked it up and sat down next to an elderly lady, opened it up to find it was a \"naturalist\" magazine - full of pics of nudists running around in the bush:blush: Granny gave me a funny look:ohmy: before I returned it to the pile and prayed one of would get called soon:laugh:

Brian D wrote:

Feral wrote:
Good - oh!

Sure your not bringing Aaron as Muscle to mind those Ecogear lures? :)

Ha I should but I figured that we have the numbers. Can't wait to send him a photo.:P

Terry they are $30 each.:blink: Now you know why I call them Egogear.:S

Hmmm private security detail at Awoonga, sounds like a job made for me, I'd guard the lures Brian, tied to the end of my line while I pull in huge barra :evil:

If only, damn work, looking forward to the photos boys:)

OK Last day at work today (I hope) so I'll be leaving tomorrow. Yahoooo.

As a last minute if anyone wants a weekend at Moduran I have room in my cabin and boat for Fri Sat and Sun. I should have thought of that before.

I leave for Awoonga on Monday so if you want to join me at the Mod let me know.

Brian D wrote:

OK Last day at work today (I hope) so I'll be leaving tomorrow. Yahoooo

Come on Brian, eating Barra and salad looking out of the Broadwater and soaking up the suns rays is hardly work. You made us all drool yesterday and now you rub it in by having 4 day weeks!

Goodluck to all at Awoonga, and may the biggest fish get some of the yaks up on a plane as they try and reel them in. Fancy trying to seriously fish from something that was designed to be one step up from a blow up kids pool toy :P;) :ohmy: :lol: :woohoo:

Hey Awoonga crew

What are your thoughts on communal rations? Having such a big family I have only ever bunked with them so I am not use to sharing with friends. What do we do about things like coffee, beer, food and stuff?

I am not one for worrying about who uses what but I don’t want to upset the apple cart either. I don’t see the sense in everyone buying a jar a coffee: we would have about 10 jars!

Oh Feral and Ray what do we do?

So far I have beer (60 cans) & lemonaide (30 cans) and I'm shopping tonight for the last time. I'll be picking up stuff to make up pasta dishes, some breaky stuff, coffee and some goodies to cook up some barra fillets.

All this is cheap as chip used to be so I'll just be chucking it in the kitchen.

bootyinblue wrote:

Brian D wrote:
OK Last day at work today (I hope) so I'll be leaving tomorrow. Yahoooo

Come on Brian, eating Barra and salad looking out of the Broadwater and soaking up the suns rays is hardly work. You made us all drool yesterday and now you rub it in by having 4 day weeks!

Goodluck to all at Awoonga, and may the biggest fish get some of the yaks up on a plane as they try and reel them in. Fancy trying to seriously fish from something that was designed to be one step up from a blow up kids pool toy :P;) :ohmy: :lol: :woohoo:

Hahahha blow up pool toy hahahahha.

BTW Booty today is Wednesday so that makes it a 3 day week:woohoo: :P

Graham has a basic campong pack with tea coffee,flour,sugar sauces etc.

We will also bring our own bread,butter,veges.

Graham will bring his own beer ans spirits and I will probably bring along a 20l keg of home brew plus some tinneys for the boat.

Graham will be bringing some frozen meals and I am going to make up a big batch of chicken puttanesca which should feed about 8.

Are we going to have communal meals or will each cabin look after themselves?

Who is stopping in each cabin? There are too many posts to go back through must be a record number of posts on this thread.

Cheers

Ray

Ferg and I both have basic coffee. tea etc kits,I wont bring any, but Ferg probably will. I am bringing sauce, a pile of softdrink, have not thaought to much about tucker yet, Ferg's missus usually cooks us a big corned meat for sanga's, usually lasts the first 3 or 4 days of a trip.

I reckon we try and eat communally if possible, depends if the cabins have some BBQ's, be a bit hard otherwise.

It will depend on the fishing patterns really!

I will bring my BBQ kit, I'll probably also buy a big bottle of oil, anyone got something suitable for deep frying? (Big saucepan or similar)

I'll probably buy a 10 kilo bag of spuds, Alex peeling spuds for chips keeps him quiet and fed.

That's all sounds just fine and dandy.

Especially the part about \"depends on the fishing patterns\". I am way happy to eat a hamburger for lunch daily and not get bogged down with domestic chors.

The other part I like is \"20lt Keg\" - you bloody beauty Ray.:) I expect you will start to look good after I have my beer goggle on.:P

About the meals - I say lets look after ourselves with maybe a impromtude BBQ of fish.

AS to the sleeping, first in first served but I get a big bed.:P Be warned I snore. :ohmy: I can not be sure of the cabins because they are different to the one I stayed in last year.

But in short, I get the drift - I will not over organize but just let it happen. Bring what you want, eat what you want and do what you want when you want to do it. ;)

Arrrrrrr life without restraints - my dream is just about to come true.:)

Archived