tingalpa ck land based

tugger

i see lately quite a few posts asking for info on any land based fishing spots in and around brisbane. thought i share a great spot on the south side at tingalpa ck where you can access 5 diferent areas on the creek from the bank. 1st one is at the mouth of the creek at lota near manly where you can walk the bank at a lowish tide level and pump yabbies, drown baits or flick lures.2nd spot is a bridge built just for cycling and fishing on ricketts rd and 3rd spot you can walk from the same car park at the bridge along the track to a shelter on the bank ,this track will also take you to a rock bar in the creek. last spot is not far from this bridge down chelsea rd and into chadwell st ,drive down this street to its end and you will come to a car park. here there is a small ramp conoeists use and there is a fishing platform built out over the creek ,you can walk the bank either way for a while here. i hope this helps some fishos

good luck

the old house boat to what i have been told ...is a old guy and his dog,for some reson he sighned a contract for 100 years at $1.00 a week with some concil.not sure how true it is but ive heard it from a few people in the area.

as for the fishing in the creek there are also a few good jacks in there,bullies and big cats and also some thumper bream

i fsh there alot and we have seen 3 dugons swip up there at night so all in all the dugons were great to see

there's a little bbq and park down at the Esplande at Lota. Right at the corner of Orallo Street where you can park your car.

Walk directly east as the tide receeds, through the mangroves and out onto the mud flats. Bring some reef shoes or bare feet if you're careful, a yabby pump, a hat and a bottle of water/beer and a few nibbles. Soft plastics and lures do okay here, it can get a little windy and a little bit of a current.

I've had some good success with flathead at the mouth. I hit it at low tide and throw a hard body lure into the centre, and walk the thornside side between the boat ramp and the mouth. I have also had good success with the same technique from my old tinny between the rail bridge and mouth. A reckon it would work well using a soft plastic lure. It usually fishes better towards the end of the year.

Also, at low tide you walk out towards the channel markers and try for some bream. They sit in and around the rocks. I have been out in the kayak and seen a local bag a nice bream from this location.

The mouth is muddy but is firm enough to walk on, so you need to wear an old pair of shoes. The mud gets deeper the closer to the boat ramp so be careful.

I can also confirm most of the other spots mentioned but some of them I haven't fished for more than 20 years (man that makes me sound old :( ).

Cheers

Maca

rayke1938 wrote:

maybe the mods could start new land based section in fishing locations and put this in pride of place as first thread.

There's already a "fishing locations" section under "hints and tips". Not sure if everyone can add locations or if this creates more work for Angus & Webby, but this would be the logical place to keep this info.

Hi..i couldn't help but to reply about that 'houseboat' in tingalpa creek. it sits almost directly down stream of a small hole that used to hold very big whiting. i used to fish this area years ago. maybe it's changed. but that house boat is right in the way. i used to cast slightly behind the boat and let the current drift the bait into the hole. two hours either side of low tide was best. even better if you could get the tide just after dark. wonder if they are still there?

• 9 years later...
On 31/12/2018 at 10:34 PM, Marcus Arch said:

this is really helpful everyone. new to the area and looking back over these posts has been excellent. thanks. 

Good ont Marcus, Welcome to AFO. It's nice to see old threads being bumped up.

i hope you can post up some pics of fish you catch at these spots 🙂

Archived