Trim Tabs Yes or No

Gazza

Well a heads up

After fitting Bennett's trim tabs to my boat

05-15-09_1632AFO.jpg

05-15-09_1634AFO.jpg

I was Impressed to say the least :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

On board Rummy ,Nastymind and yours truly with a boat load of gear it turned a boat that was still a well we thought a great blue water boat to a standard well above that

The differance was unbelievable :woohoo: we ventured out in easy 10-15 foot chop/preasure waves with white caps very little slam dunk she seemed to float down with the tabs abit of playing with the settings and the seas calming to 2-3 foot chop seen us comfortably doing 40 knts for a quik trip home we all had a play and verdict get trim tabs :woohoo:

on a foot note weight was never an issue simple push a button and level she goes

Gaz

Your right there Gazza I love em when the wind is hitting you on a forquater and lifting one side of your bow up, a simple push of a button and down it comes. A good habit to get into is to retract them up as you come of the power that way you know what position there in when you set off again, and you dont forget to raise them when putting boat back on trailer

have thought about trim tabing my boat. after reading your report and how stoked you are with them on your boat iam now defenatly going to fit trim tabs.

Did you do the fit up your self and was it easy are there any tips that you could suggest that would make the fit up a little easier (like the best location on the transom to mount)etc. cheers :)

think almost every boat my dad has had had trim tabs.

there one of those thing once u have had they will never got back.

only think of the bigger boats since i was about 10 year old.

6 boats from 15 to 31 foot.if i remember right every boat had them bar the first 15 foot and the 31 foot,and a 15 foot tinny that was a run about.prob not worth fitting them on.

maybe some 1 has info how they work on smaller tinny's 15 to 19 foot can't ever remember seeing them on tinny's ,maybe they are to light to be usefull.?

mite be ok on heaver plate tinny's ?

anyways the work well on glass boats.

The way the polly boats are set up only realy increases the water line of the hull the same as the mod pods on the stacers. The true benefet of tabs is that you can adjust them inderpendatly making triming the boat to suit loads and wind conditions possible. Another good thing is when slow trolling you can trim the tabs right down which slows the boat a touch and helps the boat track in a straight line easer. Also if you trim the tabs down a bit it will help with the hole shot, good when towing kids on toys.

Archived