bribie

djw

waster of time.

went over there just to wet a line yesterday for a few hours.

its not even worth fishing bribie anymore i dont think it seems that there is very little fish around. with 1 whiting not even as big as my palm its a bit disapointing.

ive tried every spot thinkable from the shore over there.

is it just me or has anyone else found this problem?

I wouldn't fish the canals as yet if you were going back there, last time I went there with Tim the canals were still being completed and the water was dirtied up and still settling. It looked like they had quite a bit of work left as well. Though some of the pontoons looked nice and kelpy so their might be some good Bream and Trevs already in there :S .

I wouldn't bother with bait either. Lures always seem to catch far more fish. Use small Hardbodies (50mm and under) under the pylons at the local jetty there at night and you should clean up on Pike like Timbo and I did every night we were there.

Troy

bit hard when you work all week. haha... ill try up the canals when i next have the boat and the wind is up... i want to try out around the channel markers just out from bribie for some mackeral.. by the time i am finally able to use the old mans boat the macckeral will probably have moved on??

mate I fished the very last marker out in the bay but a bit closer to the shore a few weeks ago and was getting cleaned up on pillies.:angry:

What ever the things were they would hit the bait and run like mad for deep water.....?

30lbs line was used and I couldnt turn them,go to heavy on the drag to slow'em down and a snap off would soon follow............. ...........

none were land or even seen.

Try the bribie side under the bridge for mackeral as me mate caught a 50cm+ one there on the day.

Post edited by: dazzamcgee, at: 2007/01/30 17:09

Archived