REQUIRE ADVICE

Lozzel

HI Guys, After fishing on Aust day I have come to realize that most of my gear is too heavy for down here.What I would like is some advice on what to buy,Rod weights,reel sizes(no baitcastres no patience)line weights and types ETC .Also where to buy good small lures sx40 as such.We are used to bottom bashing the reef or big macks etc the lightest gear I got is 50lb braid or 40lb mono.Need lighter gear so any help would be great. Thanks in advance Laurie

PS You can post or PM if you wish

Do you want a bit if a suck and see, or straight into the good gear?

I'd reckon just pick yourself up a $40 to 50 dollar combo from Big W, a few packets of soft plastics, a couple of cheaper smaller lures and go have a play.

When you are happy with what you want to do, you can spend some more money on better quality gear and tackle.

Note - buy your Braid off Ebay, its 1/3 of the price for quality stuff from US sellers. (Rods and reels are to, but take a bit more finding for quality stuff)

FERAL , Mid range gear to start with ,Just for arround rivers and maybe the dams, I sold the offshore boat and brought a 4 mtr tinny for daytripping arround the aera.Ive been looking on E-bay at small lures ,but not sure about their rods & reels .

GERTY , Thanks for the PM Ill print it off.

Gerty_92 wrote:

ive found that fireline is more expenasive off ebay...they put the price up then fix up the discount with the postage...so ur preety much paying exactly the same when the postage is added on

Yeah thats why I said braid! :lol: not dental floss.

Not to hard to get a 1100yard spool of Spiderwire delivered to your door for under $100 Australian.

Check out the tackleworld fishing report on the front page, they are offering $80 discounts on some rods at the moment.

Yeah Lozzel as Feral said,

on the home page of this website check out \"Fishing report 7\". Mention that and you can get some great deals. John Fookes is the man to talk to there and is very very helpful.

If your also planning on hitting the dams, i would reccomemend a light spin outfit.

So basically a nice little spinning reel, 2-4 rod and 6lb-8lb braid. Maybe using an 8lb-10lb leader.

I would also probably go with Shimano as i trust the product.

Angus

Archived