Daiwa reels

hey guys going to tackle warehouse tomorrow just wondering which reel out of the TD advantage or the SOL for a good quality estuary reel for bream, faltty, odd trevally. Also need a good quality rod ($450 max) If there are any other reels and rods you can suggest it would be much appreciated.

thanks

is $450 for both the rod and reel or just the rod? i have a sol and love it i would go the 2000 size for what you want to do but theres not alot between the advantage and a sol so i reckon go the one you can get the best deal on the guys there are pretty helpful and will set you up with the best combo for your money.

G'day Aussiebass40,

I bought a new rod and reel not long ago myself. This is what i got great set up but each to there own.

Strudwick sofbodz 6"6 1pc 1-3kg

Shimano stradic 2500fl

4lb fireline

This cost me under $450

I rather this to the Daiwa reel because the drag is lighter and i like a light drag.

hope this gives u an idea and good luck shopping.

Matt

:cheer:

toadfish78 wrote:

G'day Aussiebass40,

I bought a new rod and reel not long ago myself. This is what i got great set up but each to there own.

Strudwick sofbodz 6"6 1pc 1-3kg

Shimano stradic 2500fl

4lb fireline

This cost me under $450

I rather this to the Daiwa reel because the drag is lighter and i like a light drag.

hope this gives u an idea and good luck shopping.

Matt

:cheer:

I am with toadfish as I am a Shimano man :)

I do use my wifes Daiwa Feams Kix a fair though and enjoy it.

A lot of people on this site have the Daiwa SOL though I have never heard a bad word said!

Angus

I'm a ssuming you mean $450 for the combo so i'd go a sol on either a berkley dropshot about $120 or a starlo stix pro $150.

But if your looking at $450 for the rod alone maybe a loomis dsr8200, egrell s1 or s2, samurai reaction, gary howard, daiwa luvius 2-6lb or something from the smith range.

edit: doesn't like the word a s s u m e

yeah the freams kix is nice reel but not sure if they stock it. like someone said not much difference between the sol and tda. your next step up would be the hartland. also keep in mind the tierra. as for rods heaps of good rods there, i was forced to get a new rod a few months ago while i was waiting for my tcurve to get some custom touches done and i picked up the pflueger trion tournament bream specilist (all black colour split eva grip) for about 150ish its a very nice rod for the price and i rate it more then my old raiders.

im sure if you make up your mind on say a reel and then ask them to match it up to a rod within your budget then they would prolly do a bit more discount,

namyau wrote:

yeah the freams kix is nice reel but not sure if they stock it. like someone said not much difference between the sol and tda. your next step up would be the hartland. also keep in mind the tierra. as for rods heaps of good rods there, i was forced to get a new rod a few months ago while i was waiting for my tcurve to get some custom touches done and i picked up the pflueger trion tournament bream specilist (all black colour split eva grip) for about 150ish its a very nice rod for the price and i rate it more then my old raiders.

im sure if you make up your mind on say a reel and then ask them to match it up to a rod within your budget then they would prolly do a bit more discount,

Agreed.

Bought a Trion for mates birthday like 3 days ago from tackle warehouse. Awesome feeling rod. It was kind of sad to part with it :P

Angus

Archived