2009 Winter Camp - Competitors List

Angus

bootyinblue wrote:

Guys..... Help me!

I have never caught a fresh water fish (probably cause I have never fished fresh water), so I have no idea what lures to buy to take.

I need some ideas..... urgently! Working till midnight friday so have to buy up tomorrow before (or during ;-)) work!

Lures that have worked for me,

Kokoda G-Vibe in clear with purple hue

Halco scorpian 45 I think, in a silver colour, I think its called mullet

Small lures that run deep for trolling, purple seems a popular colour for bass.

There a small metal lures made by TT that has worked before too.

and the lures that Zin Man will be bringing.

I think most fish boated will be on bait.

Not much help I know.

yep... blades did the work for me last time... and if you're doing a early morning or late arvo, some darker coloured poppers or other topwaters will do the trick.

If you're gonna go chase some of the banded grunter (or you're just sick of the little sh!*s taking the legs off your shrimp and you wanna jag em to teach them a lesson) get yourself some tiny gar fish hooks.. size 12 did well for me. Just hook the shrimp like normal but tie on some extra line with the small hook and put the hook in the belly of the shrimp and leave it exposed. Guaranteed to get grunters.

lol, for those wondering what hooks to use for the shrimp check this link out . these hooks are great as the hook in the lip like 90% of the time and the fish pretty much hook them selves so if the rod's in the holder and they hit it hooks up on it own.
/>http://www.mustad.no/catalog/asia/product.php?id=128

OK all we need now is one of those fancy diagrams:

Anyone good with the ol' paint?

Hooks & Size,

Patterns, location of shimp.

Not that I intend on winning anything here boys, just want to catch something!

Anything - so long as its not the logfish that i keep getting lately :angry:

mooky. Steve from sports tuiton will hold a demo on how to set everything up before we hit the water including how to put the shrimp on and tie the knots etc. its probably best to learn it from him as his method is a proven winner when it comes to that place and is really easy. all yoiu need to worry about is havin a good time on the water and think about what your going to drink around the fire lol

kriso wrote:

lol, for those wondering what hooks to use for the shrimp check this link out . these hooks are great as the hook in the lip like 90% of the time and the fish pretty much hook them selves so if the rod's in the holder and they hit it hooks up on it own.
/>http://www.mustad.no/catalog/asia/product.php?id=128

Man I love those hooks for fishing the salt with yabbies. They're awesome, they catch whiting ov any size and big flatties et al.

Mooky - you're in a boat with Jeff F... he'll be able to teach you almost anything you need to know about fishing. He's a guru. But check out Paternoster rigs and thats how most do it.. otherwise you can also just go unweighted and let the shrimp head down on its own accord.

Can't wait, will be hitting the GC canals tonight to practice my casting -

these new light HB's are giving me grief!

I have a little pfleuger eschelon - am normally pretty good, but as of last friday

my right wrist has been splinted - OHS injury!!!

Any tips on casting left handed :laugh:

If you see a black/red helicopter on the dam tomorrow, dont worry

its just me trying to get the thing airbourne!!!!!

I went and stocked up on some hard bodied looking things and when I took them to the checkout the guy said 'Are you chasing some bass this weekend?'. So I was pleasently chuffed with my selection.... Hahahaha!

Seriously no idea about the fresh water caper, but I will give it a bash!

bootyinblue wrote:

I went and stocked up on some hard bodied looking things and when I took them to the checkout the guy said 'Are you chasing some bass this weekend?'. So I was pleasently chuffed with my selection.... Hahahaha!

Seriously no idea about the fresh water caper, but I will give it a bash!

Dont stock up to much as Ziman will be peddling his wares there as well :P

Angus

There is an order in with him already too.... I figure first one will fly off cause its not tied properly, second will be in the trees, third will be stuck on a submerged object, and fourth will be bitten off by some huge a@@ monster bass which I then dive in and hand wrestle onto the bank for the winning prize!

Archived