Cape snapper 6-7-09

Travis

well instead of going to the barwon banks we opted for an early start of the cape this morning.

we were off the cape before sun up and bagged out about an hour later, 3 on board gave us 15 snapper the biggest going to yours truly and a new personal best ;)

Got into a few trevs ( or "neighbour" fish as brad thinks theyre only good for giving to your neighbours :laugh: ) then got over that so we decided to go for a troll.

picked up a few mac tunas and a ballsy squire hit an x-rap :laugh: not much else was happening so we decided to have a bash for red throats but all the ones that were caught were around the 35cm mark :huh:

after having a quick look at the plotter we went over to a mark that was sitting in 100M of water and let her rip..... got over that in a hurry :laugh:

another troll back to the cape saw us packing up and heading for home.... and food :woohoo: [img size=816]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1000206.JPG

post-4704-144598500159_thumb.jpg

dhess wrote:

Nice going fellas. Was that up around Hutchies or further south?

Pretty awesome show on the sounder! :P

BTW what kind of boat is that?

the make of the cat has slipped my mind, awesum machine tho.....

there was a show on the sounder but i took that photo to remind myself not to bother again :laugh: long way down to loose your bait :woohoo:

Archived