Lenthalls 15th-20th Feb 2007

Angus

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feral wrote:

NOt unless he can pull his motor off, 6hp limit for a few more months then max 60hp, 4 stroke only. (still 6 hp limit for 2 strokes)

Are you for real cause I got a 60hp 4stroke on the other boat. Yahooooooooo. Sometimes you can be lucky. Althongh I'm not so sure I want to take the Cruize Craft on that dirt road.

Well after having a good cackle at Brian's woes with gear at Lenthalls, I took my boat up to Baroon pocket with my sons on the weekend, I discovered the following.

1. My light board was hanging on by a thread, rope almost pulled through on both sides, cracks around mount holes nearly big enough for ropes to pull out.

Could not launch the boat, all the rollers were basically full of dried mud and refused to spin. Had to climb up onto trailer and heave like a 17yr old after a carton of grog!

Eventually got her launched. One roller has a deep V worn in it, and I suspect the back two rollers have bent pins, as they would not rotate at all, even after a deep trailer retrieval (well if I am not allowed to wash it, I'll dunk it!).

So Brian, I'd reckon you were less than a day away from having a laugh at my expense at Lenthalls! That road is certainly hard on trailers!

Wow that's no good guys - but while we are doing our best to scare the guys away I got more to report. I lifted the floor to find 3 big dents in the bottom of the boat, at a guess from flying rocks. One dent so big all the internal paint in the area has lifted.

Did I mention that the new trailed tie down I bought the day you guys left didn't even make the distance once. It got shreaded on the way onto the dam.:angry:

I'm still gong back for more but!:pinch:

By the way feral you would serve yourself OK if at the next fresh dam you give your trailer a bath.I took mine to the car wash to remove the 182kg of mud.

Archived