Logan river fishing

jmac

Hi,

I am going fishing in the logan river in the next few days and I was wondering where would be a good spot to go fishing. I will be going on a boat but it only has a 6hp motor and doesn't go too fast so I can't go too far from a boat ramp.

Any suggestions on where I should try? I thought that the junction would be good and have read something about a drop off that sounds good to try. How do you find a drop off if you don't have a fish finder? Do you try to tell how deep it is by the anchor or maybe how long the sinker takes to go down?

I have attached a picture of the junction hoping that someone can point out the location of the drop off or good spots to try?

Thanks

Joe

Post edited by: jmac, at: 2007/02/22 18:43

Post edited by: jmac, at: 2007/02/22 18:45

post-509-14459840773_thumb.jpg

6 hp should still get you along at 10 to 12 kph, so you can go a reasonable distance. I have only fished the junction once, for no result, but I have heard it is an alright spot. Move around when you get there, work the mangroves, the inlet / outlet and yes you will find any \"hole\" with the line depth or anchor rope. About a cm below the boat in the pick is the edge from memory.

Mate have a go up the Albert. Lots of good structure and deep holes with heaps of mullet. That means Jacks this time of year. :)

Also try just past the carbrook ramp at the start of the golf course. They say it's a cod and jew whole.;)

Good luck and don't forget the bully gear.:whistle:

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/02/22 20:31

What are the boat ramps like? There seems to be 4 in the vicinity of where I would like to go. Can they all be used at low tide? Any issues with any of them. I hear that one of them has a charge associated with its use?

Skinners Road:

Alberton Road:

Ferry Road:

Riedel Road:

Thanks for your help

Joe

Yeah,

The one near the \"tow ski\" facility is private, but good value, last time I was there it was $5, but you get a fairly safe spot to leave your car, and some good local knowledge, and whilst old, its a reasonable all tide 2 lane ramp. Just have to be careful of the post in the middle of the bottom of the ramp! (it sticks way out so you cant miss it, but wind can blow boat onto it during launch or retrieve)

There is no ramp at reidel road, bank fishing only,The ferry road ramp only used to be $3 but the new owners jacked the price up the ramp gets covered with soft mud about 2 inches deep but the owners hose it off a couple of times each week so if you see the mud be careful as its very slippery, skinners, alberton ramps are ok at all tides,There are two other ramps one at end of Dryer road at eagleby that looks like its ok all tides and another small gravel ramp at Marks Road, Woongoolba that is used by the locals . I have seen the locals using it at low tide but they were only in around 14 ft tinneys. I dont know what the bottom is like off the end of the ramp but it seems to have enough depth at low tide.

Ray

Thanks for the great detail on the ramps.

Brian you said to try \"just past the carbrook ramp at the start of the golf course. \" Do you mean the skinners road ramp and do you mean upstream to the river lakes golf course or down stream to the carbrook golf course

Joe

Archived