NPD 14/8/09

Feral

Plenty of AFO on the dam this morning, Ray, Aaron, Dino, Ian and Ferg and myself.

What a beautiful day.

Not at Work,

temperature just right,

Enough wind to get good drifts (with a little elecy help)

Good company

and best of all we caught a few fish (which was also the most fish for the day :P )

Ferg got two Bass

First one casting a black and white Rapala towards sunken trees in about 20 foot of water. Nice little specimen at 36cm (Ferg reckoned they were not big enough to bother with the brag mat, so a quick measure with the tape and back they went)

P8140002.jpg

Second one also casting at sunken trees behind the island at the bottom end of the dam, this one on a Heavy Gold G Vibe.Smaller model at about 31cm. We had just been speaking with Ray and Aaron at this point and went down for a drift past them, got it at the start of the drift.

P8140006.jpg

I got one nice yella, gave me quite a fight, Ferg had asked me what the lure was doing on the rear tray on the boat. I had a look, it was my fav Berkley shad (chrome with a purple wash) I said dunno, might give it a shot, tied it on, first cast with it next to a tree and bam I'm on! Ran me straight around the tree, so after a bit of finessing and to and fro I worked him out of the snag, then a couple of minutes later to the net. He sure was full of beans!

Photo's (hey I'm a media tart!)

P8140003.jpg

P8140004.jpg

Yeah, thanks for the progress report while via phone photo while I was at work. After I recievd your message I decided to support your anti work movemnet and leave early. Came home to back the boat but instead I sat on the lounge and had a beer.

So, is it worth a NP trip tomorrow? 2 bass and a yellow - maybe, what did you get Aaron, Ray and Angus? B)

Brian D wrote:

Yeah, thanks for the progress report while via phone photo while I was at work. After I recievd your message I decided to support your anti work movemnet and leave early. Came home to back the boat but instead I sat on the lounge and had a beer.

So, is it worth a NP trip tomorrow? 2 bass and a yellow - maybe, what did you get Aaron, Ray and Angus? B)

I got the text as well Brian. Always appreciated :P At least I was fishing this time!

Fish caught it my report not from NP sorry to say Brian :)

Report up now though: Stanly River & Loch Forbes

Angus

I am absolutely knackered from catching nothing. Dont even know what day it is thought that yak social was tomorrow and sent Angus a pm saying i couldnt make it.

Had a good day thanks Aaron and enjoyed being in my old boat again just a shame that we left the mojo at home.

Cheers

Ray

Archived