Another Newbie

deancreus

Hello Guys,

Just dropping in to say hello. I am 26 from the UK - been living over here a few years now and am yet to pick up a rod so figure its about time! Haven't fished in years since back in England a few times so am pretty much going from scratch though its something I have been thinking about doing for a while now. Right now I am not too sure what I am looking to fish, so much as I know I need to get out the house more! Some fresh air and a chance to unwind is enough for now and hopefully once that starts I can get a bit more decisive with everything else.

Anyway that's about it. I should start doing some research I guess and getting a rod would be a start!

Cheers,

Dean

hi mate..your best off fishing for brim (bream) to start off. most rigs you use for them can be adapted to most other species and brim are just about everywhere you fish. i bought a shimano catana 8 foot 2-4kg rod for about $70..you could fit it with a sedona reel with either maxima mono line or get some fireline braid rated 4lb up to 8lb. this outfit will let you fish bait or soft plastics and is flexible enough to catch flatties and whiting too. all up it'll get you into the fish for around $200. being 8 foot (you can get shorter) you'll be covered for bank and boat fishing. get a few different size hooks and sinkers and give it a try. you'll get help here but it pays to visit the tackle shop and try a few rods and chat to the peeps in the shop for how to set it all up. good luck

Archived