Lake Borumba

Brian D

Spent 2 Days speed boating over Lake Borumba. The dam level was down about 15 metres so it only took a 5 min run to get to the end of water.

The main activity was water skiing and wake boarders which is fun but not much good for fishing. Speaking of which, most time was dedicated to family time with only 1 1/2hour arvo session for 1 x 35cm bass trolled up on the edge from 50' drop off to 13' on a deep diving frenzy lure.

We did sort of try some day time spinner bait lures but it was too hot and noisy (speed boats with built in ghetto blasters).

Sorry about lack of fishing to report however, I can recommend the Borumba Deer Park for a nice family camping ground or van park. Well worth the visit but if you want to party go to the other council park.! [img size=428]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/dam4.JPG

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/03/04 19:51

post-118-144598408198_thumb.jpg

Hey Ray I still got the cruise craft in amongst the timber - all be it middle ofthe day. But next time I'll stick the electric motor on the back.

Mid week trip would be the go - there are some realy good drop off's, one being 75' and several over 50' but it's like sitting in the month of the seaway with all the wash and wake from the skiiers.

I saw 2 semi pro boats unloading their catch at the ramp. 1 boat had 1 fish and another had 3 - all bass. But the thing is they started at dawn and finished at 10.30am. No seceret there!

• 2 weeks later...

Aaron - it is very female friendly - I took 3 of the creatures and none complained abot the facilities. Cabins have ensuits and the communial facilities are first class. It is quiet peaceful. :) You'll score for sure.;) THese are the two cabins we stayed in [img size=428]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/cab.JPG

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/03/16 05:40

post-118-144598408776_thumb.jpg

Archived