Been a While

Whiskers

Well fellow afoers it's been a while since I have logged on due to some pc issues and the birth of my first child Kobi.

In the little spare time I have manged a few trips and enjoyed a pretty productive lizzard season.

In about 10 trips my brother and I managed 50 - 60 lizzads, A lot of bubbas but still heaps of good size catches which makes me feel good about next season.

Most catches sat around the 40-50cm mark with 2 or 3 60 plus models coming to the party and the odd by catch.

The most productive method we found was trolling hard bodies up and down the pine targeting the usual suspect banks.

Trolling with a electric has definatly built my confidence but the bigger lizzards jumped on while trolling with the petrol? Go figure?

So with this weather warming up I have one thing and one thing only on my mind....

My first jack!!!!!

All fish were caught with barbless trebles and apart for one were all released.

Hope you enjoy this report.

Cam. 100_1746_AFO.jpg

Angus - Cheers mate

Straddiebrad - Mate they were berkley frenzy, about $3.50 each and have been AWESOME!!!

Pinkey - yeah it was mate bit of a shock really, Product of the dam wall opening I guess?

Nadders - Thanks mate and no, I would love to get onto one of those big boys!

fishing_hardcore - Mate I lost 1 fish barbless and not even sure if you could blame the barbs, I just sqaush them with pliers Flatties have a habit of hoofing down lures so when there are barbs involved it's a real pain in the arse to get em out and can be fatal to the fish (If your planing on releasing) Barbless shouldnt hurt your catch count

hope this helps B)

uglyfish - down the pine mate behind castle hill.

Hey great catch!

Congrats on the bub,hope all are well.

I grew up on the pine but never really used lures till just recently (and that was to catch bass), we've caught the odd lost threadie in it but there were no size and as kids we were probably only using prawns or worms.

How do you go with skiers there? Can be a bit painfull.

Great post thanks, got me keen to get into some flatties!!! :woohoo:

Cheers

Devster wrote:

Hey great catch!

Congrats on the bub,hope all are well.

I grew up on the pine but never really used lures till just recently (and that was to catch bass), we've caught the odd lost threadie in it but there were no size and as kids we were probably only using prawns or worms.

How do you go with skiers there? Can be a bit painfull.

Great post thanks, got me keen to get into some flatties!!! :woohoo:

Cheers

Yeah the jet skis and speed boats are a bit of a pain, us fishos and them are like cats and dogs!

But I concentrate on the lower reaches or the mouth so there not really a prob.

And thanks. :)

nadders wrote:

nice result mate, and congratulations

ever come across threadies in the pine out of interest?

hey nadders a mate and i were fishing up the pine last weekend, andy got a thready of bout 30cm, dont know how thick they are around the area though.

got it on unweighted servo prawn, up toward petrie. i'll get the photo off his phone tomoro.

adam

Archived