Snag free locations for castnetting.

dhess

Just picked up a mono 10' cast net from BCF for $65:woohoo:

Can anyone recommend any relatively snag free locations around the Newstead reach?

I was thinking of having ago from Breakfast Ck boat ramp. Would tha be safe or asking for trouble?

Also wouldn't mind having a go from a friends boat. Can I assume that most places away from the bank and rocks are relatively safe?

Had a go tonight at the pontoon. Only caught 1 mullet.

No snags:)

I am new to cast netting so only got the net opening up properly one out of three goes.

There was a guy there with a 12' net that new what he was doing and he was getting hardly anything as well.

Will practice again tomorrow night.

Used to throw a mean net when I was a young fella, but had not touched one for 20 years, so I studied all the videos around, practiced what it showed in the video's and was absolutely hopeless no matter what I could not get the net to open.

Tried for weeks, it was only a 6 mono foot net, so everyone was telling me they are really hard to throw anyway, so I just shoved it in the shed and forgot about it for a few weeks.

I was moving it, and pulled it out not really thinking about it and lined up a spot in the yard and just let er go, perfect cast, I let the body remember, and no problems. Anotehr half dozen casts all good!

I then realised that as I was \"self taught\" and throw the net totally different from all the instruction video's. trying to do it their way was just buggering me up!

Had a go again from the pontoon tonight.

Had more success with opening the net up but only ended up with one prawn three herring and two baby jew.

I think I am slowly getting the hang of it. Any other locations to try if the pontoon is quiet?

Archived