Baroon Pocket Pea Soup

Dinodadog

Its been quite awhile since I took a little trip up to Baroon, so I thought this morning I'd give it a go. Well I arrived at 6/15am to see a not so pretty sight, algae everywhere it looked like pea soup. On the water and hooked into my first fish a 100mt from the ramp and was it a whopper :S it was only just bigger than the lure :laugh: As the morning progressed I managed several bass slowly increasing in size. Most of the bass came from deep water and were in the late30's and early 40cm models and were taken on crazy deeps and ridgebacks in the purple colours. Not as many as I used to get from this dam but still good fun.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

Louie the fly with my first whopper for the day baroon_002-20091204.JPG

forgot to mention as the water was down it exsposed several logs along the edges and guess what was laying across one of the branches that was about 20cm under, a nice 50cm cod. My first cast I put in front of it and pulled the lure back above its head and it hardly moved, my second cast fell a little short and hit it on the tail then snagged on the log it was laying on, so that was that.

Archived