Regular fishing socials

noname

i was just wondering, along with lookin at other clubs, and surely we could get a monthly comp up and running. no need for prizes n crap, just a get together to go fishin/drinks or even just a good night out somewhere, even a quarterly trip to the brekky creek pub should be on the cards, just my biff. not that hard to get a co-ordinatior for the events, hell! i put my hand up for the first trip if any 1 is keen.

robbo.

say the beacons and sand hills can be the first trip, chasin mackrel, all safety equip is essential and at very bloody least a 27 meg radio, just to keep in touch.

yeah a monthly social would be good .

a fish or a drink or a feed .all good .

its been to long since the pin and somerset hey rob .

trips to the beacons and the pub get deer too,even if u are a decky .

so maybe some land based at a park ,byo bbq and beer and a fish are a good idea too.

brake it up a bit .

sort of like the kooka park shark fish i was trying to do .

i like it like that, less fools to contend with over there, fishing for these fella's is not as i've seen a lot do. straight to the middle and spook the school and watch em get bombarded with slugs and sinkers and told to piss off, lmao. i'm goin over lookin for mackrel, which are in no way the same as lookin for mac tuna n stuff.

noname wrote:

this is my proposal, the 2nd week end in jan, head over to the beacons or sand hills at moreton, and if the weather turns it's back on us, da brekkky!!! for a steak, yummmmmm!

rob

this is a goer, as of now!

no time wasters please, if you say your in, your in!

Hey Rob,

I would be in if you are offering a deckie spot, otherwise it's a long swim and a bugger to cast :P ! Just confirming too that you are talking about 9-10 Jan? If it is a go, I will need a list of things to bring ie- tackle and the like.

Cheers mate,

Ryan.

Mod Note : i have changed the title of this thread as from your first post its not really a comp as such just AFO members getting together and doing trips abit more out of the ordinary river bash or if weather sucks meeting up for a social drink or 2. When calling it a comp and can put new members off because they think it requires an expert fisherman and subsequentially miss out.

Regards

Kriso

kriso wrote:

Mod Note : i have changed the title of this thread as from your first post its not really a comp as such just AFO members getting together and doing trips abit more out of the ordinary river bash or if weather sucks meeting up for a social drink or 2. When calling it a comp and can put new members off because they think it requires an expert fisherman and subsequentially miss out.

Regards

Kriso

That's okay Kriso, I only ever plan on winning an encouragement award, or lucky door prize lol! :P

i wish we got 18 spotties around the 80cm plus size, lmao, and saw a few 2 mtr plus bronze whalers chasin and takin our mackrel, and havin a good fish just make you look foolish, by smackin you up :laugh: . but hey, it never happened :P the yaa hoo's are still echoing in the bay now :laugh:

hahahaha goin to watch JAWS soon

Looks like the expert fisherman turned up afterall. Any details as to how and where?

I am confused but. Is this a report or a going fishing notice with pictures of previous bounty? I think it a hybred but I'll look in the report section anyway, there might be some more details there.

yer was a great day,a bit of a battle finding the fish but when we did there was no stopping the boys,turned out to be a memory that i will remember for a long time,what a day,and when that shark got hold of my mac he was not letting go,the sound of braid tearing of my line what a sound. forecast looks good for tuesday too any you boys sick that day :laugh:

straddiebrad wrote:

yer was a great day,a bit of a battle finding the fish but when we did there was no stopping the boys,turned out to be a memory that i will remember for a long time,what a day,and when that shark got hold of my mac he was not letting go,the sound of braid tearing of my line what a sound. forecast looks good for tuesday too any you boys sick that day :laugh:

Couldnt be bothered doing up a report brian :blink: that was yesterdays catch (notice the sunburn) :evil:

Archived