state of origin for 2010

noname

looks like NCF have decided on a date for the AFO State of Origin fishing comp at brunswick heads. the dates are july 30, 31, and the 1st of august, for those thinkin of heading down there. lookin forward to it myself. know there will be a few other suspects there too :laugh: they know who they are!

I'll be booking a cabin this week,and a word of warning for any newbies coming down bring your drinking BOOTS because you will need them HEY davo ;) :laugh: :laugh:

P.S if your banana bender don't bother turning up it's already run an won buy the blue boys

cheers dassa

I have booked Cabin 1 - next to Loz. Arriving 30/7/10 Depart 2/8/10

Ray has the double bed reserved for him, I have the queen bed :P

I have advised tha caravan park that the comp is on - they had no clue when I spoke to them.

Advise that it could be more than 40 people in tents and cabins.

They promised in return no to give us another cyclone.

Should be good event again - Go the Blues.

Note to self - make sure we do more then sit under the bridge and drink beer, must broaden approach at least to the river mouth or the first bend in the river.

Note 2 to self - last time the 60 cans of beer you took were not enough

Note 3 to self - not to volunteer for cooking duties after a day fishing and 15 cans of beer.

Not wanting to spoil the momentum, but at this stage AFO has not published any official dates or articles about the State of Origin fishing competition (official dates/times, location, prizes etc). That is not to say it wont be at Brunswick Heads and won't be on the designated weekend but it hasn't been 100% locked in. The reason we say this is at this stage we are in talks with a few parties about a few things and although things are unlikely to change, it may. We know people are eager to lock in their cabins but please make sure that booking dates are flexible for an unlikely date change.

This event is organised and run by Brisbane Fishing Online. We do value the input of NCF and hold it in loose connection with NCF but at the end of the day it is a Brisbane Fishing Online event. Our insurance policy covers the event and Brisbane Fishing Online does the hard yards organising the event, sponsors, prizes, information, media releases and graphics.

We do realise it is a good social event and a fun AFO event but we do ask for a little patience whilst we sort these last few things out, we didn't realise by asking for feedback on dates for the year people would book things on assumptions.

Hopefully all will be finalised next week and hopefully there will be some good news :)

Wont bother me if AFO & NCF aint there, I will still spend a week fishing in paradise ;) :laugh: Thats what I'm going for.

From where I am, I plan 2 major fishing trips a year, 1 NSW & 1 QLD. I try to make them coincide with something happening on the site, as to catchup with some friends. If it worksout great, if not no dramas. There's still Monduran :woohoo: :woohoo:

some 1 mentioned it was to be a 2 day event, then a 3 day event, and no 1 had any idea of dates etc. this should all be virtually taken care of now, as it's a big event for this fishing community, so dates etc should all be locked in for next year even, some 1 mentioned the guys at ncf organise the event, and look at how long it took them to come up trumps, like 15/20 minutes, and it was a goer, i know not many really care about prizes n stuff, but if it's to be bigger and bigger each year, it's not going to, unless it's organised much better, and better each year! anyways i'll be fishin down there that weekend with all the yahoo's from the dark side of the boarder, and fixin their boats too.

:laugh:

Lozzel wrote:

Wont bother me if AFO & NCF aint there, I will still spend a week fishing in paradise ;) :laugh: Thats what I'm going for.

From where I am, I plan 2 major fishing trips a year, 1 NSW & 1 QLD. I try to make them coincide with something happening on the site, as to catchup with some friends. If it worksout great, if not no dramas. There's still Monduran :woohoo: :woohoo:

I'm with you Loz, I'll take wifie down for a party if the event doesn't go ahead. I'll still end up fishing in Brunswick river drinking beer and chatting with friends.

I'll put some hyper viper lures up for prizes if we get desperate. I tried hard last year to give them away, even tried giving beer with them but I still have some left.

Actually they might work in the Brunswick river, they might knock a few flatties onthe head if I could get them deep enough.

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

Travis wrote:
Im not rilling the swag out anywhere near scrotes car or davos caravan

why not

what wrong with camping near me .

as long as the swag is not near a tree or a tyre (on a trailer or car )u will be safe :)grins

I will be doing the same - just me + swag.

If any other singles are going and want to share a tent site, am happy to split the fee.

Or i will just rock up and pitch near the tables.

noname wrote:

some 1 mentioned it was to be a 2 day event, then a 3 day event, and no 1 had any idea of dates etc. this should all be virtually taken care of now, as it's a big event for this fishing community, so dates etc should all be locked in for next year even, some 1 mentioned the guys at ncf organise the event, and look at how long it took them to come up trumps, like 15/20 minutes, and it was a goer, i know not many really care about prizes n stuff, but if it's to be bigger and bigger each year, it's not going to, unless it's organised much better, and better each year! anyways i'll be fishin down there that weekend with all the yahoo's from the dark side of the boarder, and fixin their boats too.

:laugh:

Gee Rob, I think a little more respect should be shown to those that are organizing all of the AFO events. They aren't just organizing this 1 event. This event is also being organised to suit/attract members who are in it for more than just the social occasion.

This is all done in spare time outside of their paid employment time. Fair go !

PS No disrespect intended to Dusky & Maxi from NCF either. I know the concept was a joint effort.

i agree with ellicat, there will be a SOO, the site always gives plenty of notice of events, theres 2 other events to get going first and alot of hardwork is going in to the planning of all events to make them fun, relaxing times where you have the chance to walk away with some great stuff too. how about we just take a chill pill and let the guys do what they need to do - if it was as simple as everyone come here on this day to organise it would of been done but its not.

Events like CIW for Rockets Birthday are as you say Kriso "Hey everyone it's on" and have their own place, but sanctioned events by AFO do take a lot to get together. A problem is that the life of a user is as busy as the life of an admin guy. You are right Ellicat, it is a AFO event and admin has the right to change it or schedule it for when they choose but I know after more than 30 years of club management that you must give your members what they want because they are the users. Events schedule to suit management don’t have the same impact as events suited to members.

Having said all that, which properly didn’t need to be said, I hope that the event is sanctioned by AFO because the members (I know AFO is not a club) want it.

I'm still going to Brunswick and looking forward to it.

Brian D wrote:

Events like CIW for Rockets Birthday are as you say Kriso "Hey everyone it's on" and have their own place, but sanctioned events by AFO do take a lot to get together. A problem is that the life of a user is as busy as the life of an admin guy. You are right Ellicat, it is a AFO event and admin has the right to change it or schedule it for when they choose but I know after more than 30 years of club management that you must give your members what they want because they are the users. Events schedule to suit management don’t have the same impact as events suited to members.

Having said all that, which properly didn’t need to be said, I hope that the event is sanctioned by AFO because the members (I know AFO is not a club) want it.

I'm still going to Brunswick and looking forward to it.

Clubs charge membership fees, so the members should have a say. AFO doesn't charge membership. The owners of the site provide a medium for all of us to take what we want from it for free at their own cost. The events are also organised out of their own good will, with a charge to cover costs. The tone of this thread is that the tail is trying to wag the dog. We enjoy this site and it's events as a privelege not a right.

So if the owners want to organise it properly in their own way and own time without being forced by a kangaroo committee to do it when and how they want then I see that as a healthy way to move ahead. The two most important people to keep happy at AFO are (apart from me :laugh: ) Angus and John. Without them we would not have what we do. We wouldn't even know each other.

Maxi, If you and Prof (Dusky) are feeling aggrieved and excluded, pick up the phone. John wasn't in the country last year when the seed for the SoO was planted and may not be fully aware of NCF's standing in all of this. I'd hate to be losing mates over some ridiculous forum war :blink: Good communication is usually the key to good relationships. :kiss: :laugh:

Re:State Of Origin 5 Days, 8 Hours ago

maxi wrote:

what about the 30th and 31st july and the 1st of august ??

these dates are closer to last years dates..

These were are the dates we have always proposed.....

australianfishing.com.au/forum/15-fishing-...edback-please#236452

Johnny (Admin)

Administrator

I`m sure the majority of us do understand/realise and appreciate the effort and time sacrificed by the admin for running this site and organising and running events for us the users.

I did and I assume some others also,made plans and bookings for Brunswick Heads for that weekend,based on the above post. :blush:

I`m happy which ever way it turns out. :)

The only kangaroo I`m involved with is the kanga fillet and kanga bangers I`ll have on the BBQ on Aussie Day. :laugh: :laugh:

Gotta luv Aussie`s we eat our national symbol :blush: :blink::P

Archived