CHAT ROOM

chippee4132

well its purely up to the members whether or not they use it. We provide it so that members have the possibility to chat real-time if they want to.

i guess the more people go in there, then the more others will follow...B)

hey webmaster, i am as keen on fishing as any of your long time members, i have been on the site prob 10 or so times since i registered about 5 days ago, i have noticed though that the group seem to stick to themselves, thats fair enough, its their world but i have a lot to offer too, i just think that some of the members like to keep their stuff ,thats up to them but if afo wants to get bigger than the current members (nothing personel) need to accept that othe people know and fish just as hard as them,i have lived in the local area from tweed to the north coast all my life and between me and my mates we have a lot to offer in tips, catches of photos, fishing hot spots, and stories but the overall jist that this site gives is, local members only,i will not try and post messages on the forum until i feel like it is not wasting my time, if some of your members feel like this is an abusive message than how about a fish off, what ever numbers they can come up with i will match, out in the salt as far as you can go, its up to you, but lets make this fishing club open to the real fish, marlin mackeral, tuna, wahoo,cobia, okay the catfish are fun for the first o0r second time but how about making it real game.

All im saying is accept other people and we might all learn something

Hey pal, How bout you get off of your high horse and come down to the real world. Acting like the FISHING GOD and challenging us to a \"fish off\" is a pathetic idea. Mate the reason why alot of us are not out fishing for marlin (like the FISH GODS) is that we are not made of money and fish to our budgets. Dont know about everyone else on here but leaving smartass posts like that is not the way to make friends!!!!!!!!! This may seem a little hypocritical but you know the old saying. Speak to others as you would like to be spoken to.

HEY KEZZA, I AM JUST A CARPENTER (CHIPPEE) WHO IS LIVING LIFE LIKE ANYBODY ELSE, I OFFERED FOR ANYONE TO COME OUT IN MY BOAT (NOT BIGNOTING LIKE YOU SUGGEST) WHAT I WAS SAYING IS MOST OF THE BLOKES ON HERE TALK AMONGST THEMSELVES AND DONT REPLY OR TALK TO THE NEW GUYS, I HAVE NOTICED MANY OF THE NEW GUYS ASKING QUESTIONS AND NO RESPONSE BUT THE COMMON NAMES WERE GETTING REPLYS ABOUT CATCHING CATFISH OR PIKE EELS,

WHAT I WAS SAYING IS MAYBE THE REGULAR PEOPLE SHOULD GET OFF THEIR HIGH HORSE AND ACCEPT THE NEW MEMBERS

From chippee4122

lets be honest, read my last CHAT ROOM forum post and you will see, i have asked and mentioned many subjects, but because im not aq local i have received bugger all, some of the (local) fisherman have written about bugger all and received many replys, we go fishing off moreton,gold coast,1770 and tweed and catch REAL esky fulls, we dont care if you dont, we were offering a chance for some of you with boats to maybe come for a trip,or even some of you without boats to hitch a ride, but not even a glimpse of interest, i am not a man of sellfishness, i was willing to show , teach or enjoy fishing with fellow minded people and no interest, WHAT IS WITH THAT?????????????????????

I've put this into this thread, as it's all related. No need to really have many threads on the one general issue.

HEY GUYS, ALL IM TRYING TO SAY IS THERE IS A LOT OF BLOKES VERY INTERESTED IN THIS SITE, I LOVE IT, BUT THERE SEEMS TO BE A GROUP THAT WONT LET YOU INTO THEIR LITTLE CONVERSATIONS, AND ITS REALLY DEMEANING TO KNOW THAT I AND MANY OTHERS COULD GIVE INFO AND TAKE IN SOME OURSELVES, PLEASE BE MORE ACCEPTING AND THE SITE WILL BENEFIT

not trying to be a smartass mate but you could try not using caps lock for your posts, it may make people feel that you are being aggressive. That was the impression i got when i read your first post on this topic. A lot of these guys all know each other from AFO functions, so the conversations that you have read are probably referring to things that have been done and said in the past. Have you had a read of posts from the past few months? It might give you a bit more of an idea what the guys and gals on this site are all about...

thats fair enough kezza, i might have come across like that when it wasnt meant to be, but i have made many posts with no replys (about serious fishing topics) while other \"known\" members get replys about chicken feed, because they are known, it might sound a bit crude but it is the truth (notice the small caps)

Hey terry, on the right hand side of every page it lists posts with no replies. Is it possible to not have the posts from the webmaster NOT listed there, so that any post that dissapears off the recent posts list will pop up there?

Post edited by: kezza99, at: 2007/04/06 21:19

Was just trying to help your cause mate....no too sure what you are getting worked up about. It's not always about the size of the fish caught. A good time can be had with good company and a good chat even if no fish are caught. We dont need to go open water fishing and catch monsters to enjoy ourselves.

As a new member to the site,and a newbie to brissy aera, I new very little about where to fish or what to fish for .I have found the members of AFO to be very open and helpfull about this topic.My wife & I have made new friends and fishing partners from the various outings with members of the site.

It is my opinion that from reading this post you may have expected too much too quick,I too have posted topics that have not recieved any replies,but you dont see me complaining.So be cool its all good here on this site.

Watch the GOING FISHING forum and join us on the water some time. I like catching catties (there good crabpot bait) ;p

Keep up the work AFO

I was accepted fully into this site when I joined and the first thing I asked (I can remember, others may too) was about Tilapia and there eating qualities, I got heaps of replies. Have a look at that topic, it's called \"Tilapia\".

Besides, if you don't like this site, instead of complaning and causing a fuss, use another site.

kezza, you are the one who told me to get off my HIGH HORSE and accused me of thinking in was THE FISHING GOD so you can crawl back into your little mud bank beside your undesized mudcrab and think about it for a while, i never said anything bad about the site, infact i like it but if you cant handle a bit of critisicm without getting offended than maybe im right, maybe most of you dont accept other peoples comments unless you are vfamiliar with them,if your looking for support your not getting much

Not looking for anything mate. not going to argue with you mate. I think you have just handled this the wrong way. There is a few guys on here that have made this site what it is, spent alot of time and no doubt a lot of there own money to develop this to the standard that it is now. That is why i had the reaction that i did when you disrespectfully had a brain explosion and started mouthing off.

chippee4132 wrote:

maybe most of you dont accept other peoples comments unless you are vfamiliar with them,if your looking for support your not getting much

Well I have seen a few of your posts, but your fishing is not the same type as mine, so have not really felt able to constructively add to the conversation. Happy to make comments on things I know about, otherwise dont see the point in adding the 50th \"good on yer\" post.

cheers

Feral.

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/04/07 00:10

hi everyone,

just a quick note to say we have made this site to welcome all anglers and people from all walks of life. We hope that you can enjoy this site and that you may meet like-minded people and anglers, make friends and find out more about fishing in our great part of the world.

The Brisbane Fishing site caters for all angling in our region and im sure the people on the site enjoy reading about other fishing that occurs interstate and around the globe. I know i like to read about beach fishing and fishing offshore, but equally like to read the best ways to fish freshwater and in the estuaries. We have anglers of all types and are proud to promote this.

On the subject of post replies, you have to remember that everyone has busy lives and so you cant expect, on any internet site, answers immediately. You have to remember that not everyone knows the answers to your questions, but hopefully the person that does will find your questions and get a moment to share their knowledge. It all revolves around patience and understanding, and we hope as our site grows there will be more people with the answers people seek so responses may be quicker and helpful rather than simply a reply for the sake of it.

I think once you understand that, then a persons experience on the internet can be a happy and enjoyable one, that can allow you to learn alot, i know i have. i thank everyone for their participation and know there is no malice intentionally done by members towards others. Im sure its just a simple case of misunderstanding

HI Chippie

I suppose I am quilty a bit but here's why.:blush:

I am an accountant who spends way too much time on the PC. All day I stare at spread sheets, read legal stuff, make decisions for people that can't, and get told what to do by people who have too much money. So yeah - when I get on the fishing site I too often take the easy option. I will try to interact more so.

I noticed the \"since last visit\" option. That's new to me, so I'll try that and see if it helps.

When it comes to fishing I also tend to live in \"my world\" as I have very little \"my time\". I am trying to change this too, but I like fishing on my own and for myself, - \"my time\".

Anyway thanks fr the prompt for self assessment.;)

This was a bit confusing for me to read.

As often as i can i try and organise trips to include as many members as possible with the aim of fishing, socializing, sharing info etc. Anyone can attend these events and i encourage new members.

For example, this monday a large group of members from both this site and another will be kayaking at Nudgee.

And of course the is the AFO Winter camp.

If these fishing methods dont suit your taste, well thats all i can personally provide so maybe take the initiative and set one up yourself welcoming a dekie??

I saw you post \"OFFSURE FUN\" and appreciated it being on the site. But mate its not always easy to make commintments like that with only a few days advance warning. I would have love to come but i am working all easter.

Im not the only one either. Many members post in the \"Going Fishing\" thread and openly invite anyone to join them.

There might be a bond between some people on the site, but thats because they have got out there and fished with other members. Give it time mate. As a new members many opportunities will arrise to both ask qustions, and answer them, as well of course as to meet up and have a fish.

This post is truly not meant in anyway to be having a go at you. I think that being upset over apparrantly \"not being welcomed\" when you have been on 10 time is a bit of an over reaction.

Please continue to add info its great. There are far fewer boaters on this site than land based fishermen. And even fewer of those that go \"Outside\". By adding content of this nature you will both attract more peope who are into that as well as spark the interest of those who have never done it. Il give you an example of this. When this site started pretty much no one went regular Bass fishing. Id hazzard a guess now that thanks to a few die hards, these are one of the most commonly targeted fish here.

On a personal note: Welcome to the site!!!

Angus

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2007/04/07 15:58

all good angus, i was very fired up last night, i have calmed down now, i said a few things that might have offended some of your members and appolagise to them here now, but i beleived in what i was saying about not getting responses about items which could have received more interest, there was a couple of people that did agree with me, anyway happy easter

dude i expressed interest in offshore fun but thought it was moreof aboat tag along and being a 1st year app/ trainee a nice reef boat has made its way ont the budget

i occasionally put up posts that dont get replies even the great idea of castnetting tilapia out of our fresh waters but no response:( and so does angus even.

it just depends on how people feel at the time

Archived