AFO Social, Clean Up & Castnet Lessons Sunday 7th

Angus

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scope wrote:

And isn't the 7th a Sunday???? I'm confused....

Yes the 7th is a Sunday but dont let that stop you just to let you know that I have been involved in a few clean up Frazer Island events and it is NOT hard work and you have a good time doing a bit for the enviorment. Anybody wants a spot on a boat there is some room on mine

AZZA wrote:

Scope wrote:
And isn't the 7th a Sunday???? I'm confused....

Yes the 7th is a Sunday but dont let that stop you just to let you know that I have been involved in a few clean up Frazer Island events and it is NOT hard work and you have a good time doing a bit for the enviorment. Anybody wants a spot on a boat there is some room on mine

Cheers Azza. This comment was made before the title of this thread was changed. It originally said clean up and social saturday 7th march. Not afraid of a little hard work, just wanted to clarify what day it was on.

All good mate, Cheers Jono

mick fillet wrote:

Travis wrote:
Ill be pullin the pots and scooting up to boggy for a fish sunday so im thinking ill give the boggy beach a clean up and meet back for the bbq

yeah Ay thats what I had in mind that beach is filthy atm I reckon you would fill a small truck with all the rubish on that section.I thought it would help kill the time between checkin pots.

Thing is when i was there last weekend the tide had completely covered it so all the crap is washed away or up into the mangroves, might need the gumboots :P

Hey Jono my comment wasn't aimed at you, but AFOers in general as there is still only six people signed up on the clean up site so in the words of Kylie Mole " how inbarssment" I will be sign up for a cast netting lesson as its been that long since I threw one I have forgotten how ;)

AZZA wrote:

Hey Jono my comment wasn't aimed at you, but AFOers in general as there is still only six people signed up on the clean up site so in the words of Kylie Mole " how inbarssment" I will be sign up for a cast netting lesson as its been that long since I threw one I have forgotten how ;)

Cheers Az, will sign up right now mate. How do I do this??

Cheers Jono

If you are coming please register for it at http://www.cleanupaustraliaday.org.au/Brisbane+River+Boat+Ramp

Further discussion can be found in this thread - http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/15-fishing-events/251655-afo-social-clean-up-a-castnet-lessons-sunday-7th#251722

which is detailing more info on the social and free castnetting lessons from noname

shortie wrote:

Cant make it. Gotta earn brownie points, its my wedding anniversary this weekend.

What a great optunity to treat the chese and kisses to a lovely day boating showing her what a comunity minded guy you are then topping it off with a nice picnic lunch on a rug in the park, never know where that could lead to :laugh:

ellicat wrote:

Noname will be giving free castnetting lessons too.

So all those that need a refresher :blush: or need to learn from scratch, this will be a great opportunity. :woohoo:

Thanks for volunteering, Rob (even though you just found out) lol

:huh: what tha!! lmao.

cheers mate what time r u going down the river

mark

AZZA wrote:

tugger wrote:
i think i can make it now looks like i will work that night now instead and if anyone has a spare deckie spot i would love to help with the boat

mark

Plenty of room on my boat with me and Do$tylz

Ive got the clean up gear so will proberly get there around 4.30. Thinking I should throw the pots in the drink and try to clean out a couple of muddies so if you want to bring some pots feel free. I am coming from the north side if you want a ride

thanks jeff i'll go your deckie and i've sent u and azza a pm

mark

jeff f wrote:

tugger wrote:
i'll go deckie jeff if u need someone i would make 3 in azzas boat

mark

jeff f wrote:

i'll be there

probably need a decky

no worries mark spots yours

Ill be land base with RyanYoung I believe and maybe Juls. Not after a deckie spot as I am sure the mangroves around Bulimba will provide more than enough crap for 3 people!!

Thanks to everyone who has volunteered themselves for this.

Angus

ellicat wrote:

Register by going here
/>http://www.cleanupaustraliaday.org.au/Brisbane+River+Boat+Ramp

Just bringing the link forward so members can register.

If you're going to attend please register so numbers are known for the BYO BBQ.

I might bring down the portable BBQ just in case the council one is busy.

Checked out the Clean up pack that was delivered to my place while I was away and the bags are quite strong although there are not that many of them as it looks as if they do the pack around the number of volenters regestered at the time they send it, so we only have 4 pairs of gloves. There are forms to be filled out, wouldnt be right do be able to do something without paperwork. So will see you there at the boat ramp from 4:30 am sunday for a quick clean up then some fishing, crabing, eating and good old fashioned catch up.

hoping the weather is good.

i was thinking of taking the family too ryan.

so we will start a bit later in the day .

clean for few hrs ,say 8 to 11.

reckon we will go clean the beach area of colmslie beach reserve ,at the end of colmslie drive.

its just down the road a bit form colmslie boat ramp .

sandy beach nicer for the kids and don't have to cart the rubbish far ,as i won't have any room.

last time i fished it ,there was a fair bit of rubbish along the beach ,so should keep us busy .

we got some garbage bags and gloves.

then clean up and head to colmslie boat ramp/park for the bbq and social and a bit of a fish around 12 ish .

so see u guys there around 1 pm ish .

depending to what the weather looks like, will try and bring a trap and bbq too.

good to see a few more people signed up on the site .:)

/>http://www.cleanupaustraliaday.org.au/Brisbane+River+Boat+Ramp

i only register myself as i see the family as me anyways .lol

so that my plan of attack for the day .

i reckon it will be a great day ,with some cleaning done and a chat and a feed .:)

We started "clean up Roma Australia" on thursday,so far about 300 cu mts of rubbish has been collected from the streets and waterways.

A massive effort from all in town, as soon as the assesors are finished,its onto the truck and off to the dump.

Now the river is rising again and bringing more rubbish with it.

Unfortunatly most of the "rubbish" is furnature and carpets etc, from inside peoples houses and sheds after the 8mtr flood.

including what was in my shed.

Anyhow you blokes & gals have a good tomorrow, wish we could be there.

Archived