Old School North Pine Dam

Angus

As i never saw North Pine when it much fuller, i never really thought about the placement of the picnic areas etc.

I pretty much just took it for granted that thats where they were built because either the slope was to steep closer to the water, or that was just the land the council had allocated to public buildings etc.

Anyway then i saw this picture.

OMFG

What actually interested me the most was the water must be reeeeeeeealllly deep when the dam is at capacity.

Anyway thought you guys might like a look. Note the shelters etc meters from the water line.

Angus [img size=364]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/NorthPine.jpg

post-63-144598412198_thumb.jpg

and the drought is made worse by the tilapia competing

(and winning) for food with the natives..and thats why the bass caught there these days ares somtimes looking a bit skinny....i hate to say it but this drought mite break one day but the dam to fully recover back to the form in that pic, is highly unlikley..would need a year of rain non stop:unsure: ...we should take advantage of the really low water levels to get at the tilapia while its easier...we need to go to war on thoses buggas:evil:

Thats suuch a fake pic!

Also not only is it full it also doesnt look like a dump! I think I'm gonna go target some tilapia asap... even leave the lures at home!!

I don't think the water could be that high.

Also I agree with jimmy, it is gonna take an absolute screw load to fill it back up to that!

Any one for a quick tilapia bash anywhere soon?

The low water could be an advantage this winter, if it gets cool enough the shallow water will chill easily and quickly, we might get a good kill of the Tilapia. They had one a few years ago which knocked the mongrels right back, and that was with the dam 3/4 full.

Feral wrote:

The low water could be an advantage this winter, if it gets cool enough the shallow water will chill easily and quickly, we might get a good kill of the Tilapia. They had one a few years ago which knocked the mongrels right back, and that was with the dam 3/4 full.

But what will happen to all the bodies? I mean, wouldn't all the decaying bodies screw up the water? There will be some big big redclaw afterwards!

Good thinking Feral....;)

Can't wait to see some rain soon........

NP looks the goods when shes full but while shes low its good to get an idea of the bottom surroundings, deep spots, rocky areas that sort of thing, so maybe in 2 years or so(which ever one comes first:( ) when the dams at its peak you'll have the advantage on the fish.;) ;) .......but when full she looks great for throwing a SP out waiting waiting waiting for it to hit the bottom.......nice B)

If it gets any lower NP will be takin off the things to do list......Poor Natives....:dry:

DIE DIE TILAPIA DIE :angry: :evil: :evil:

Archived