Congrats to the K-Man

tacklebox

Went up to Ningi creek on Sunday to chase some flatties for an online comp on another forum. Points were based on combined length for the two best fish. Fish had to be caught on a lure and from a kayak or canoe.

Well done to Kreel for taking out top spot with two fish at 709mm + 485mm, beating second place by only 94mm.

I came 8th and Keen-as-fisho came 9th. Keen-as claims he caught a slightly bigger fish which would've improved his ranking by two places but didn't enter it. Too bad buddy! :P

There was also an unofficial State of Origin Comp which of course was taken out by the good guys.

tomca wrote:

So if Den came 9th, then there must have been 9 entrants :P

Congratulations to Kreel, looks like he can outfish you when it counts ;)

31 people registered but only 19 people submitted entries (incl 6 who donutted). We all know I choke on comp days. :laugh: To be honest once I'd caught my two I lost interest. It was more exciting catching a 32cm whiting!

To be honest I treated this as a bit of practice for SoOrigin, I just hope I didn't shoot my load too early.

The most pleasing aspect to this trip was that I knew where I wanted to fish on Ningi and that was exactly where the fish were. Incidentally I know where I want to fish on the Brunswick as well, lets hope the fish come to the party and we can show our Mexican friends how we Queenslanders fish.

Here are my 2 winning fish from the weekend.

[br] Flathead_together_Kreel.jpg

I reckon she's only 707 mm. Surely there's 2mm in brag mat scrunch giving the advantage. I guess that's why they call them brag mats :P A year ago you would have been calling it 699 mm so you could keep it for a feed :P :laugh: :laugh:

Nice session anyway guys. I haven't had a flathead fish for ages....might be a good time come SoO.

Archived