Baroon Pocket Dam 25/04/07 ANZAC Day

Angus

Well what a great morning.

arrived at Baroon at 6:15 to an amazingly still water dam and a thick covering of mist. There were so many perch hitting teh surface it dead set looked like salt water surface action.

I wont go into to much detail as im sure everyone will add their part. But overall it was a very successful day. We had about 16 fishermen rock up and loads of bass and perch were caught by all.

I personally nailed 6 bass, all on an eco gear SX60.

The champion of the day though was Lee (nice to meet you mate). Lee managed over 40+ plus bass. A quiet day by his standards. He has some awesome tricks on the dam, but ill leave it up to him whether or not he chooses to disclose :)

Ah photo time. Look forward to hearing some more accounts of the day.

Angus

Picture: Yak in the Dawn Mist. [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Mist1.JPG

post-63-144598412815_thumb.jpg

We found the fishing pretty quite today, only 3 bass into the boat, 2 of them undersized. Looks they they have started moving out on to the flats, and down deeper with the cooler weather. (Got the last two jigging in 35 foot of water)

It was a great day, great company, had a great time!

Lee: Why don't you try something like a lipless crankbait or spinnerbait in water that deep. If you use a spinnerbait you've got a good chance you'll get smashed on the drop as it's always spinning on the way down and you can fish any water column necessary.

Looks like it was a good trip. While you were out catching 40cm Bass I was catching 66cm Brisbane River Snapper on Bream tackle B):P .

Troy

When did you get that extra bass Angus? :laugh:

I think I might have originally been trollin that jackall too fast, because when I slowed it right down to almost having a snooze in between each stroke, is when I got my two best bass in a short period of time. After that I paddled a bit quicker to get back for food.

But alas, a new for me: First fish on popper (although a spangled perch it's still a first!) It's good fun (and frustrating) watching those perch swim up and swipe at the popper but not get hooked up

4 Bass, 3 Spangled (all on poppers in the morning)

First spangly on a popper!

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2007/04/25 18:48

As everyone said what a fantastic day. We ended up with over 12 bass and upteen spangled perch. Got 3 of the bass on hardbodies and most of the rest on bait. I had 10 saltwater prawns that I kept live from mondays prawning trip and the bass smashed them. missed a few as they were hitting the prawns on the way down.

I also got a nice tandanus just under 50cm. Kept 3 bass for the table and released the rest.

Ray

Well I think every one had a great day (I know I did, Thanks Feral).And it was good to meet other AFO fishers. I used today to try out different lures and I now know which ones are going in the WHEELIE.

Will get some new ones for Somerset.Also saw the different technics used Agood learning curve for me. No Bass were caught by me, but I still had fun watching the crew catch theirs.

A couple of happy snaps to finish off a good day out. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSCN0669.JPG

post-742-144598412888_thumb.jpg

Archived