Baroon Pocket Dam Revelations

Angus

Well after having long chats with Lee whom i met on the Anzac Day Baroon Pocket Dam fish i have decided to invest in some new lures for the fresh.

Based on the fact the Lee's secret weapons are not produced on a large scale i thought id go searching for some alternatives.

I have always noticed that Neil Shultz consistantly uses Deep Divers in Somerset so i did some research into his lures of choice and was pelased with the results.

The Boomerang Lures he uses are readily available and dive to varied depths including 8m+ divers :)

Looks like ill be giving these suckers a try.

Purple was also a colour highly reccommended so the Bommerang80 Purple Thing looks like it could be a goer.

I thought the guys heading out the Somerset might also appreciate this info.

Cheers.

Good fishing.

Angus

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2007/04/26 11:58

post-63-144598412905_thumb.gif

I just spoke to denis and he has asked me to start making some of his lures for him including some new bass lures he thinks will outfish the busy moments i was using. If you are interested angus I may be able to get you some at a good price for the online store.

I could possibly get him to send you a sample pack. He said he has over 30 lures in his range form small bream lures up

I love using these lures as well, I will always have a 65mm hot tiger ultra deep lure on when trolling it has been my most consistant bass and yellowbelly catching lure out of my big collection I like the black or purple colours on more cloudy days the fish at somerset love them I read about them from Neil Schultz about 7 years ago and still use them to this day he also still uses themall the time if you look at his reports on fishnet.

picture: bass at somerset on ultra deep 65mm boomerang in one of the natural colours 101_0594.JPG

yeah this year the only trip ive done to somerset for a while since the the levels are getting worse,I took kristy we had a day off went during the week less boat traffic I think I got a couple on trolled lures and one on plastics out from pelican point

OK Fellars, This afternoon I went window shopping at CHARLTONS in Redbank. looking for new lures, and they have on the shelf these BOOMERANG lures 65mm & 95 mm.Various colors including Purple, diving depth 8+mts. Prices range around $15. Brand name PREDATEK, also a simaler one in the Brandname Golden Child.

Feral , the jigs that RED had up on site, the ones with the hook in nose, tail & center treble are also on the rack, 50mm & upwards.

Thought I would post this if anyone is interested in getting any new lures for Somerset.

The boomerangs are gun lures for bass, yellas and cod, the 65mm versions are better for bass and yeallas while the 80mm ones will catch big cod.

Ive had success with them at Somerset, Moogerah, Borumba, Maroon, Cressbrook and Wivenhoe.

Really good lures.

Archived