KFT round 1, Caloundra

Keen-as-fisho

Friday arvo knocked off early and made my way up to Caloundra to have a 'rest' before the first of the KFT rounds up the coast. I stayed at the Vardon resort next to the Pelican Waters golf coarse, bloody nice spot but the perminent residents in the resort had there heads jammed tightly. I couldn't beleive and still don't, that by parking my ute in the visitors parking with the kayak on the roof could upset people, even though I had permission to park there, tools.

Anyway I had a prefish on friday arvo till sunset for a donut, I got off the water after getting bumbed three times by the resident bullies :ohmy: Met up with my mate and hit the golf coarse for a feed and a few to many jd's and coke. Saturday morning saw a late rise and a saw head so off to mackas for a feed and a drive up to kings beach. After olmate took off I hit the pub for a few rounds and a small win on the pok's, enough for a new daiwa caldia 2000 :woohoo: A good meal and an early night and I was ready for sunday morning.

6am signed in and ready to start and after a debrief and the annoucment of whitting as the random fish we where off.

getting20ready.jpg

The plan was to hit a couple of spots I found in the canals for a few hours then hit the flats for the remainder of the comp. The plan was good but the bream where scarse :( I dropped a rather large bream first up and only got a few small hits after that. So I started to make my way out toward the flats whilst hitting some of the pontoons on the way out. Success finally after 3 hours of nothing, an elbow slapper of a whitting at 38.5cm to the fork, 42cm tip :woohoo: needless to say the yahhoos ecoed B) The whitting won the random fish price and the reward was a 100 gift voucher at BCF :) It was caught on a three inch Damiki armour shad in moibi colour and a size 2 hws jighead.

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

At the flats I got no love from the bream again :( My first kayak bream comp and I did not catch any bream, hopefully the next event will be a little more fruitful on the bream front. Next one is at Mooloolaba. Congrats to Bigtez who came fifth and also picked up biggest bream.

kftprize.jpg

Sounds like a good day on the water mate, pity about the bream but a cracker of a whiting to say the least :woohoo:

I've hooked a few good bream near the entrance to Pelican Waters canals landbased, lost most of them though :blush: , They sure know how to shred 5Pnd V-Hard Fluro.

Did you end up getting a 2000 Sized Caldia? If so, what's it like? I've got a 2506 and was curious how the smaller models fish.

Cheers

Felix

Mr FeLiX wrote:

Sounds like a good day on the water mate, pity about the bream but a cracker of a whiting to say the least :woohoo:

I've hooked a few good bream near the entrance to Pelican Waters canals landbased, lost most of them though :blush: , They sure know how to shred 5Pnd V-Hard Fluro.

Did you end up getting a 2000 Sized Caldia? If so, what's it like? I've got a 2506 and was curious how the smaller models fish.

Cheers

Felix

Yep, I went for the 2000. It arrived this morning :woohoo: Tomorrow night will be its maiden cast.

Archived