NPD 7/10/10 All Smiles.

rayke1938

Had a really good day today with Deckies Laurie and AFO member Eug.

I felt like the lord or the manor with the deckies doing everything for me.

Baited up the redclaw pots on the way down and then straight to the fishing spot where I did so well yesterday.

Dropped the pick and I had a fish on immediatly before the others got a line into the water.

I am going to have to take a scoreboard along as we just lost count but a conserative estimate would be over 30 fish in 3 hours fishing.

I will let the pictures tell the story.

Eug was flicking a blade around whilst soaking a shrimp when he got a bite on his bait rod and passed the blade rod to Laurie to wind in so he wouldnt get the blade snagged. Laurie had to quickly drop the blade rod because he got a bite on his rod. Whilst I was taking the vidio I also got a bite on my rod but ignored it to complete the vidio.(Click on photo to see vidio)

th_PA070475.jpg

PA070476640x480.jpg

Eug

PA070474640x480.jpg

Laurie

PA070472640x480.jpg

Myself

PA070471640x480.jpg

PA070470640x480.jpg

PA070469640x480.jpg

Stopped fishing at 11 am and did the pots on the way back for a good feed of redclaw.

Thanks for the company Eug and Laurie it was a great day.

Cheers

Ray

So I got an offer from Ray to fish NPD the other day, with the weather so miserable the past few weeks I jumped at the chance while the weather was still good. An early start saw me meeting Ray and his mate Laurie at the gates, everything was packed and we were off like clockwork, winds were down and the sun was out - it certainly looked promising! We had a bit of a chat about Monduran barra tips and before I knew it we were coming up to the first set of pots. Ray got right into it making a dent into the local red claw population whilst Laurie and I assisted with the clean up. We got plenty of shrimp and made way down to Spot X.

Laurie and I were still rigging up and Ray already had two lines in the water, not long after he was already on the board with his first bass of the day. It was non-stop for a good hour or two until the bite shut down. We all lost count but guesstimate around 30 odd fish with a large majority of those going to Ray, Laurie did very well and I brought up the rear with a few fish. Ray's yella was very impressive measuring 50 cm on the dot and Laurie also managed to bring up a tandanus.

Thanks boys for the day out, perfect weather, good scenery and great company.

Cheers

Eug

P.S. - Didn't manage to get any photos of Ray he was very efficient in bringing them in one after the other and releasing, quite often he'd already have one in the boat and his other rod would be going off.

Laurie's first fish of the day

post-3471-144598536753_thumb.jpg

Laurie's tandanus

post-3471-144598536764_thumb.jpg

A little bass for Ray

post-3471-144598536771_thumb.jpg

My largest yet, around the mid 40s

post-3471-144598536778_thumb.jpg

Archived