how can I store nice rods in a tray back ute

flash1980

Hi guys iv just got this ute and have bit of a problem and seeing if anyone has any ideas on what to do do I dont know how I can store my nics rods in back safely and secure with out being stolen or scratched and to be out of the weather as well if anyone has been in this situation please helps thanks guys

I have attached some rod holders to the top of my tool boxes, bit of silicone under the holder and srewed to the box lid. Then put an occy strap over the rods/reels to hold them tight whilst driving. If I stop anywhere and leave the car I just take rods off and lock them in the car.

Send Tomca a pm he might be able to send you a link for a lockable rod box.

post-6136-14459853786_thumb.jpg

post-6136-144598537872_thumb.jpg

We fishermen tend to park our vehicles at deserted places at odd hours. The only trouble with locked boxes is the thieves are convinced there is something valuable in there, and can't resist smashing the lock off.

Sure they can break into your car, and sometimes do, but locked boxes on utes seem to attract the bottom dwellers.

As the police advise, the out of sight strategy is always the best in terms of security.

when empty I leave my locks off the box, so any grubs can look inside and see its bare without damage. And I don't leave rods in it and park it at the local pub all night.

I don't snap tips off trying to get them in and out of the car and leave the reels on so the rods are ready to go when I get to the water

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/4-tackle-and-accessories/232986-rod-locker#236042

Archived