What do you think this boat is worth?

taib

The trailer is home made only painted steel no matter how well you look after it it will eventually rust.

The rollers are only black rubber.They are meant for a fibreglass boat and the ally will cut them to pieces and make the boat hard to launch.

The trailer looks as though it was not made for the boat.

If you look under the bow the boat is not even sitting on the roller and the rollers do not appear to be height adjustable.

The wheels are intergeral bearing type. ( Pain in the butt and if you do not keep the maitenance up to them the bearings spin in the hub and you are up for a complete new wheel)

Hull ok in sheltered waters only but will be quite tender as its a little small..

Any safety gear included?

Rego for trailer?

With 4hp motor boat doesnt need to be registered.

Point out all the problems with the trailer and try and knock him down 2 or 3 hundred because if you buy the rollers and associated hardware from Bias you are going to be up for at least $150 to $200.

Then for peace of mind the motor should really have a service and the impeller replaced. ( Add on another $100 to $150) Unless the seller can produce a receips showing a recent service.

If its 5 years or so since the leg was off for a service be wary as the bolts tend to sieze up with corrosion. Have a good look at the motor for any sign of corrosion around the motor and leg.

Any scorched paint anywhere under the cowl indication possible overheating.

Dont let my comments put off but they are good points to talk the seller down. Rumrunner would do the impeller for a ot less.And buying parts from actice fabrications will also save heaps.

Cheers

Ray

Awesome info Ray. Great facts to know when looking for a boat. Im not that keen on this boat as it is only 3.1m, im after a min 3.75m boat, gotta fit Ray, Alicia, and all the redclaw gear on :laugh:

I offered him $600.00 anyway... just to see what he says.... most likely P!ss off :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers,

ty

hey Taib - I picked up a boat and trailer for $425 off ebay back in march. It was a clark ally 3.6m. The trailer is store made Gal but with the same hubs. Limited on the speed on the highway to 80km. Replacing them with the hubs off the old boat trailer. The motor looks pretty old on your boat and probably the package is probably a bit over priced at $800.

Awesome info Ray. Great facts to know when looking for a boat. Im not that keen on this boat as it is only 3.1m, im after a min 3.75m boat, gotta fit Ray, Alicia, and all the redclaw gear on :laugh:

I offered him $600.00 anyway... just to see what he says.... most likely P!ss off :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers,

ty

i thought the 600 mark aswell

hey Taib - I picked up a boat and trailer for $425 off ebay back in march. It was a clark ally 3.6m. The trailer is store made Gal but with the same hubs. Limited on the speed on the highway to 80km. Replacing them with the hubs off the old boat trailer. The motor looks pretty old on your boat and probably the package is probably a bit over priced at $800.

Thats a great pick up mate. The boat you bought, was it blue in colour?

Haven't bought the boat. And yes, got a response from the seller saying "NO THANKS!" to my offer of $600.00. oh well.. was bit small for my liking anyway.

Cheers,

ty

Thats a great pick up mate. The boat you bought, was it blue in colour?

Haven't bought the boat. And yes, got a response from the seller saying "NO THANKS!" to my offer of $600.00. oh well.. was bit small for my liking anyway.

Cheers,

ty

no mate it was white. picked it up from a seller at Bundy

Archived