Flat Rock 6/5/7

Brian D

Near perfect conditions and a day off finally combined so I took the runabout out the south passage for the first time. Most easy bar crossing I have ever done, all I did was follow all the other boats.;)

Trolled up a LT Tuna within the first 10 mins, only about 2kg so a quick release and back to it, thinking it was only a baby and heaps more bigger models were to follow. Wrong! That was it, the only one. :( I should have taken some photos but I was so keen to get another I didn't stop - never mind - next time.

I didn't see any surface action at all until I came back across the passage where the Baby Bay Tuna were doing their tease act. Next time I'll throw a cast net over them!

Does anyone know what this is? [img size=492]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P5060003.JPG

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/05/07 10:15

post-118-144598413975_thumb.jpg

Hey Mack - I thought so but there was boats all over it so I figured I was wrong!

Is there a name for the little rocky out crop nearer to the beach? There seamed to be divers all over that spot. Is that a no fish zone too?

What do you call the rock island a little further south? There were boats there too!

Yeah Brian thats Shag. Pretty well fished out there.

Next a little further aroud is The Group.

Its a collection of rocks with reef in between.

I have caught good kingies, cobia and macks here on many occasaions live baiting and squire, snapper and parrot bottom bashing. Also a few times there has been loads of bonito trolling. Not huge fish fish but the sashimi is great. I could show you some time ;)

Agus

Archived