First fish on plastic and how long ago?

Shimanobwoie

53 cm flatty, Nelson Bay on a Shakespeare Jelly Bean placcie. Jan or Feb this year.

Edit: I should add since I cracked that first flatty, I've caught a heap of little barra, some tarpon, and then recently a few more flatties and an electric ray all on placcies this year B) Love them now and they are my first choice unless trolling :)

I cant recall the name or brand but it was one of those cheap grub tail plastics and cant recall the brand of rod since ive gone through a few now and the line i was using a 4.5 multi colour mono and im 20 now so its a good 10 years ago after that i switched to squidgies a couple of months after the first fish and been using them every since then

Same, a crap load of them off woody point jetty about 6 months - not only my first on sp but first fish! Sad i know at 32 years of age but dont worry now addicted and will do my best to make up for all the lost years!

so long as your making up for it now mate all good! nice avatar pic too looks awsome =]

i think it was1974 a red vibrotail with an extra treble placed on the existing hook . i used it to catch barramundi in the mary river NT at the end of the wet season by casting into the little gutters running into the main river. From memory it 7 casts 6 barramundi , by then there was no rubber vibrotail left on the hooks.

i think it was1974 a red vibrotail with an extra treble placed on the existing hook . i used it to catch barramundi in the mary river NT at the end of the wet season by casting into the little gutters running into the main river. From memory it 7 casts 6 barramundi , by then there was no rubber vibrotail left on the hooks.

That refreshed my memory scratch previous post. :huh: 2003 Fishing the Tully River on my ex's old mans cane farm. Lost the only vibrotail he had and caught a nice size Tarpon on a DOA shrimp. Clear with a hot pink tip on the tail.

first fish was a flathead in the surf about 6 years ago down at a place called longbeach just around the corner from batemans bay sunny NSW

it was around the 45-50cm mark

i had a cast in the same area and caught his friend

great fun in the surf

believe i tor not ,my first was 8kg mac tuna in the bay,was throwing slugs all day then seen what else we could get them on and i got it on a smelt 6".At one stage we folding stubbie lids on hooks and still gettin them,anyone whos chased a tuna scholl could back me and say this is entirely possible

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

when i used to work at captain bleighs tackle world underwood 7yrs ago as a big game advisor, i new nothing about plastics. one of the boys their took me out on his boat out to peel and my first ever fish on plastics was a 35cm squire on a 1/8-2/0 4" pumkinseed power bait on a 2500 stradic coupled with a 1-4kg hartzlander

Archived