Coochie 7/5/2007

Oceandonkey

Hey all,

well with all of your ever so helpful tips taken on board we set out this morning at 9 not 6 like planned from vic point. i park the trailer and walk back down, i jump in to start the motor while they hold the boat cos it was blowing fair hard and whilst im dropping it down what do i see...

2 nice bungs not screwed in.....

so much for her dad being a keen fisherman with alot of experiance lol.

so we went and joined about 10 boats all camping the red beacon to the SE of coochie. gf caught the only fish there an undersized bream and saw 1 other boat pull up a fish, no baby snapper. then went to the north of coochie and caught another undersized....thing so we headed for clevland of the rocks.....nothing so we headed back for sand island and got a few nibbles but that was about it. then back to north coochie and omg a legal bream SCORE our first legal fish and i owe it all to you guys...well not really but lets not and just say we did.

then back to red beacon for 30 minutes and nothing.

baits: pilchards, prawns, softies.

wow factor... 4

enjoyable day....10

As you have seen, it's not all about catching lots of fish all the time (which is just as well:laugh: ).

Sometimes it is just as enjoyable to be out and about and forgetting about the stresses of everyday life.

You just need a good fish every now and then to keep you going.

Another one hooked on fishing by the sound of it.

Oh well, there are a lot of worse things that you could be spending your time and money on, so enjoy it.;)

Archived