kayaking to some island

Jordan

hey all, hoping to go kayaking to green island i think its called, the one off wellington point. sweetpeas said they saw some tuna bust ups all around there, and im sooooooooooooooooooooooo desperate to get a tuna in the yak, what a kick thard b.so if anyones free let me know, mite even be able to strap 2 yaks onto the one car mayb. just want to go with one or more people for safety reasons. jordan

Hi Jordan,

I saw a few schools chopping off King last week. Green is a bit of a paddle and the water can get a bit wilder than it looks in these here parts.

If you position yourself between the last becons of the leeds, and the beacon from the north east reef off king,

so you are in line with those two, and then get in line with at least the southern end of King Island, thats where I watched them choppin all day.

I am keen to attack them in the yak too, but don't know when I can get out next.

Worst comes to worst, you can pick up some tuskfish, cod, sweeties and squire in the same spot while you wait.

That's gotta be worth a karma, or does karma not count when you say karma?

I guess that's karma for ya.

oh, yeah, B.T.W,

my Bro. pulled up a 3ft. hammerhead in the shallows there yesterday and I spotted a rather large dorsal fin shortly afer that a bit deeper, it was getting cloudy and very late in the afternoon while we was catchin' some catties for crab bait, damn s*#t eatin grunters bringin in the toothies.

That's why I won't paddle to green. But I'm a scaredy cat, the further you can paddle out, the bigger the fish. I'm good with pan size.

I was out for a good 4 and a half hours in the kayak on Sunday and it wasn't too hard to get to Green and back. Though the bay was flat with next to no wind or current.

We stopped at loads of different spots on the way there so you could definately do it a lot quicker. We got loads of different species. Squire, Tea Leaf Trevally, Bar Tailed Flathead, Grassy Sweetlip, Estuary Cod, Grinner, Solefish and there's probably more.

I got bitten off by a suspected Mack, lure hit the water and sunk for half a second before it took off and cut me off as soon as the rod tip buckeled. There was also a few Tuna rounding up he bait fish over the shallow reefs at Wello.

Troy

hey all, srry i havnt replied sooner...

goin on sunday, im really lookin for somone to go with, but if worse comes to worse than ill go by myself, haha i wish u diddnt tell me bout the sharks fang, but karma to u for the good info anyway. i work 2 buildings down from jones' tackle so ill probly pick up some 150-200 mm halco's or similar for the trip with some wire traces just so i dont loose any to macks.

jordan

Archived