Monduran 2011 Booked

rayke1938

• 3 months later...
Terribly sorry to do this to y'all at such late notice, but I have to pull out :(

Cam, If you get the go-ahead there is a spot now vacant in the house.

If the numbers in the house fall short of 6 Ray let me know and I'll come good with my contribution :)

noooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Here is latest fishing report from their website.

October Fishing Report

Thursday, Oct 20, 2011: 01:10am

Here at Lake Monduran the fishing season is off to a tremendous start with huge numbers of Barra being caught every day, some anglers getting anywhere up to 10 to 15 hook-ups a day and boating around 4 to 6 out of those bites.

Our neighbouring competitor ( Lake Awoonga ) have had NO reports of Barra being caught at all and as a result we have seen many fishermen come and try their luck at Lake Monduran.

Still up to 3 bunks avail in the house.

Cheers

Ray

This from Foxies website dated 18/10/11. Note this is first report on his site for 2 months.

18/10/11

Fishing has still been slow, but picking up a every week as the water temps climb. Most of the barra caught are still on the small side around the 60cm mark. A lot of anglers are downsizing their gear and using smaller lures and lighter leaders this seems to be making the difference. The only problem is that a few larger barra are now more active and anglers have lost larger barra due to the 40lb leader wearing through. The top end of the Lake is still fishing the best with smaller profile soft plastics and suspending hard bodies working well. For the results of the Lake Monduran Family Fishing Classic check out MASA’s website under Great links on our Menu.

Cheers Foxie

Yeah we booked earlier this year, I did request with Kelly to put us in somewhere in amongst the site numbers you mentioned. She said she'd try but may need to move us if there was a larger group booking. I'll give her a call tomorrow to see if she can put us nearby.

G'day!

If there is a space I will be willing to take it from the friday to the monday.

I don't have my own vessel and don't wanna be a burden on any one, so if this is an issue I'll rescind my motion to be included.

Cheers.

Damien are you inquiring about camping or house spot?

The house spots are from the Saturday to the following Sat. Decky spots avail in my boat.

Cheers

Ray

Just sent an email to Lake Monduran Park about camping spots together. Eug has booked one and I am about to book one, so anyone else looking to book a camp spot tell them you are with us..... thats if you want to be put together ;-)

Damien - Get the week off and jump in the house, and decky with Ray! Its a week you might not ever get to do again!

Fishing report in todays courier.

Lake Awoonga, Maraboon, Monduran and Callide dams allow an in-possession limit of one barramundi and offer the best barra sport angling. All the impoundments are firing, with 1m-plus barra taking lures. Good lures to have in your kit for trolling and casting include a range of RMG Scorpions, Halco Laser Pro, Predatek Vipers and L. Wilson Slappers.

Still a couple of spare bunks in nhouse.

Cheers

Ray

• 2 weeks later...

Here is Foxies latest report.

14/11/11

Although we are having hot days, the cool nights and winds have kept water low.

Saying this it is not hard to find 27 degree plus temps but this is only surface temp and if you stick your hand over the side into the water you will soon notice the difference in temps just below the surface.

The shallow protected bays have been the best spots to fish and local Guide Jamie Bein has been boating some nice barra with most of them coming from the around the timber not the weedbeds.

This morning he hooked 7 and boated 6 most were still small with the biggest being 73cm, all were tagged and released.

Small barra have been the main stay of the catches lately although a lot of larger barra have been spotted.

Cheers Foxie

Good luck to all those still going I just couldnt afford to go with Graham losing interest.

Cheers

Ray

Sorry to hear you wont be going Ray. I've been keeping tabs with those that got kicked off ausfish and the word is that they have been coming on the chew further up the lake. Saw the report from Foxies and looks like it's about to heat up. Coming into the new moon I think will switch em on!

Archived