Mozzies...what keeps them away from Fishos??

Rocket75

Mossies:angry:

These little bighting mongrels are driving me insane:pinch:

I am keen to do a bit of dusk and night fishing, but my attempts of late have sucked...all puns intended!

I am tempted to try one of those \"sonic\" mossie repellers that you clip to your belt...has anyone tried one? Do they work or is it a load of rubbish?

I have also seen rubber/plastic wristbands at the chemist that are supposed to keep them at bay...what about them?

I have been getting plenty of bites lately, but not the ones I want!

Can anyone help me out? I'm sure a lot of fisho's have the same problem, so your help is appreciated.

The RAID mozzie lantern ,always used them up the creeks & in the boat . 1 candle and tablet lasts about 4 hours, also good to keep sandflies away.Glenda would light 1 in the hut and with in minutes youd would watch them drop dead on the table.

I can't comment on this one as the last night time fishing trip I had ended up with ross river fever:pinch: so I might stay out of suggesting things and learn a few things that will stop me getting that again.:S

Mixture 1/3 baby oil [some people use sunscreen instead]1/3 dettol 1/3 metho in a spray bottle.Works but its messy used it up at Tinnanbar where the mozzies and sandflies are unbelievable you can see them come down to bite then they just hover.Clouds of the little biteys but wearing that didn't get bitten.Kills cane toads too.Those D.E.E.T sprays the stuff eats into plastic what does it do to you wearing it repeatedly.Better than Mozzie bites though.

Thanks for the feedback all.

Still no one that has used those little \"sonic\" ones or the wrist bands????

I might have to be the test case:(

Would be nice to ditch the sprays and creams if either of them are effective.

Will update the post if I give it a go.

saw a docco on the discovery chanel about mozzies and repelling them, most of those sonic devices do nothing, some of them actually attract the damned things,try getting some bushmans soap and shower with it, then sporay your clothes inside and out with aerosol repellent before you put them on,

if all else fails hang a lit mozzie coil round your neck:silly:

Archived