first kooka park trip

kriso

hey all

well heres my first report,

cracked out my new light setup and went to kooka got there about 10:30am to start fishing incoming tide

first tried soft plastics for first time they were 3 inch minnows in pumpkin seed with light jig head cause wanted some bream. was casting and retrieving near submerged log, after like 2000 casts caught a crappy little cat fish. thought might try a hardbodie so popped on a halco scorpion, must say i was very impressed on the casting of the lure as it didnt tangle or anything and rod a nice whip to it flicking the lure on cast quite well.

a few guys just up a bit from me had been there since 5am and had been doing quite well with light gear and prawns and had caught 18 bream some in the 40cm range and were all thrown back as they liked fishing but not eating seafood (weird). anyways one called out to me and said oi mate whats this i looked and saw a nice little baby thread fin hangin off his line popped it back in the water- wish i bought camera.

anyways bloody scout mob started to canoe right were we were fishing and all action stopped as they decided to have capsize practise :angry:

as we packed up was hopin a nice little bully would swim past and scare the crap out of them :evil:

but it didnt happen oh well wishfull thinking,

but planning on going there few bit now as i discovered its only 15mins from home. would love some to come and show me were im going wrong with my lures though.

hope i didnt bore you all stupid

cheers kriso:)

Sounds like you had fun Krisco, next time take some smaller plastics as well, 3\" is towards the bigger end of food bream would go for. A smaller plastic can sometimes tempt fish not really looking for a feed (or smaller hooks and cut down a plastic)

hey kriso

kookaburra park is a funny place for lures. ive trolled up and down a all different speeds with all different lures and never gotten a thing, but in the cast net, ive never caught so many sizeable flathead and incredibly sized bream, which are both renowned for smashing all different lures, especially plastics! i havnt worked out just why they dont take them... maybe other people have had better luck? livies are by far the go, next time try some live prawns, works a treat.

3inch is a good sized plastic for Bream. But they will eat most plastics from about 3.5inch and smaller. Though they are a bit touchy with Hardbodies, I wouldn't target them with a hardbody above 50mm. I would just stick with the 3inch Minnows as they will get you Flathead and most other estuary species as well.

Troy

o u serious? ill probably see u down there then, what time u getting there? yea apparently theres a few squire around the jetty, and theres heaps of bream around the rocky parts, unweighted baits are the go from what ive been told by the crazy fishos who stand in the freeeeeezing water at 5 in the morning

Archived