loch forbes monster

James W

went up the coast today with my good mate alex and my brother fergie to chase down some freshys. took alex to our little "secret" creek to see what the water was like. due to the last storm, the water was running a bit more than we would have liked but we gave it a go. 3 rd cast into it alex scored a neat little bass! travelled well downstream for many hours and lots of swimming was had, which was welcome as it was very hot in the jungle. a lure change to a rebel crickhopper was a good choice for me as i finally got a bass (thanx to bretto for the lure). was another hour or so till i had my forst follow and strike with a good yella but spat the lure back at me!:unsure:

we ventured into some new ground and i scored another small bass and we decided to head back before it got too dark.so the jungle was pretty quiet with alex with one bass, me 2 bass and fergie a donut!

so on the way home myself and alex decided to hit loch forbes in hope of some better fish. alex hadnt been here before so i was excited to show him some of the great bass that live in there. pushed off in the tinnie and alex forst cast with some cheapo shallow diver he was on! for about 1/2 a second! the fish (loch forbes monster)

post-180-144598578845_thumb.jpg

post-180-144598578857_thumb.jpg

post-180-144598578867_thumb.jpg

slammed him and owned him big time! busted off....alex was left a bit shaken, and i kept giving it to him that the fish was one of the barra that have never been caught in there yet! but i know it was just a good bass. i was using a night crawler fuller charged up and had mulitple hits along the lillypads but no hook ups. meanwhile alex had put a crank bait on (which the bass would have never seen yet, and is a good thing!) first cast it was hit on the drop. a awesome struggle in and out of cover and he landed his first loch forbes bass. a half hour past and i managed to get a smaller bass on the night crawler which was the cue to head off home.

glad alex enjoyed his jungle mission, and his maiden voyage to loch forbes.

fergie, hope you enjoyed the donut! :lol:

Archived