Austackle Open Warehouse Sale

AFO

I know how to get there Dassa, but jeff rang me this arvo with hypertackle syndrome as he was at the address but couldn't locate the right shed. I was scared he may explode if I didn't find out what was happening lol

Jeff,

I'm sure you'll find you are sentimentally attached to most of your gear. Swap meets are for you to buy at not sell :silly:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Went along and just got a few lures and a travel rod.Briefly thought about getting some rods for the grandkids for xmas but scrooge bit my hand and put my wallet back in pocket.

Will give some of the lures a swim tomrrow.

Very impressed with friendly staff.

Cheers

Ray

[attachment=32029]P4070112640x480.jpg[/attachment]

That green lure 2nd from the right on top, nearly walked out with me, except it would have left me 54 cents short for a new baitcaster rod :lol:

i got 3 rods, a reel,25 lures and a heap of owner trebbles for a

$150. woot woot.

HaHa i started reading your post with how much gear you got and then saw the price BARGAIN !!!

Me too. If you new jeff you'd be thinking the same as me - "As if he needs it"!!!!!!! lol

Jeff probably has more gear than the rest of the AFOers put together :woohoo: :lol::lol:

prepare yourself for a shock at the next afo swapmeet i've decided if it hasnt been used in the last 2 years or doesn't have sentimental value its going :ohmy: :blink: :pinch:

Sont suppose there will be more Brian D bargains going around :P :whistle:

just got back from austackle i had a great arvo, top crew of people and some really nice gear, i got 3 rods, a reel,25 lures and a heap of owner trebbles for a

$150. woot woot.

had some fun helping orca demonstrate how strong a rod was for a girl there i had the but he had the tip and we were putting all our weight into it and we are both 120kg+, couldn't break it in a natural curve or at any of the horrible twists or sideways bends we put this rod through it was amazing.

needless to say the girl bought the rod , hey that wasn't you was it yoodles?

thanks heaps guys

jeff f

Yeah that was me Jeff....must've been the impressive demonstration :cheer:

Nat

It was really great to meet quite a few of you yesterday and hopefully everybody was happy with their purchases. I look forward to meeting more of you tommorrow morning between 7am - 11am

Cheers

Mike C (Orca)

Good to meet you too mate, will be giving a few of the lures a run around this afternoon. Will also definitely take you up on the offer of heading out with a few of the boys on the tupperware sometime!

Angus i am relying upon you to cook me something tommorrow morning !! hahah its an early start for an old fella like me so i wont get anything cooked at home by my wife thats for sure.

You might be a tad dissapointed then as its the 7th of May I had posted that I would be behind the BBQ. :unsure:

clearance section? is this still goin ?

The clearnce section will exist until all the run out stock has been sold. THis tackle is available to any fishing clubs that we sponsor, to eBay sellers, a couple of Market stall sellers etc. We set aside 4 dates where AFO had exlusive access to the warehouese and also had a few extra special deals made available.

I did warn you that those lures will catch fish!! haha

Hey Orca, any camo sticks left? 1-3kg?

Cheers

Manni

I think there are about 5 or 6 1-3kg left in the clearance section

Am i able to get one over the phone at the AFO price, won't be heading down until the 7th of May for the BBQ

Cheers

Manni

Am i able to get one over the phone at the AFO price, won't be heading down until the 7th of May for the BBQ

Hi Manni

You can call Ben on 3806 3436 in the morning and see if he can help you. We really dont have the time or manpower to deal with single orders on a regular basis hence the reason why we put together 4 dates for AFO memebers. Remember we are manaufacturers and wholesalers and not retailers. We also have to do a major rearrangement of the warehouse when groups are coming down.

To give you an idea how the clearance section usually wporks, one market/eBay seller came in this morning and spent over $3,000 on rods, reels and lures etc.

I will talk to my staff in the morning and see if we can put on a couple of extra AFO sessions before May as you are one of many who have been asking questions like this.

I will put up a special post tommorrow morning.

Cheers

Mike Cole (Orca)

Cheers

Manni

Hi Manni

You can call Ben on 3806 3436 in the morning and see if he can help you. We really dont have the time or manpower to deal with single orders on a regular basis hence the reason why we put together 4 dates for AFO memebers. Remember we are manaufacturers and wholesalers and not retailers. We also have to do a major rearrangement of the warehouse when groups are coming down.

To give you an idea how the clearance section usually wporks, one market/eBay seller came in this morning and spent over $3,000 on rods, reels and lures etc.

I will talk to my staff in the morning and see if we can put on a couple of extra AFO sessions before May as you are one of many who have been asking questions like this.

I will put up a special post tommorrow morning.

Cheers

Mike Cole (Orca)

Ok thanks

Know the feeling Davo although I'm tossing up between saving money or spending engagement ring money, so far saving is winning out cause I don't like to think what will happen to me if I do the other :pinch: :unsure:

yeah i would not spend the engagement ring money.

you will not be allowed fishing again ever or she will hurt you and you will be unable to go fishing .

either way its not worth the risk or pain u will suffer .

so can i bring my wallet down on friday then ?

At this point in time i dont know if there will be anybody at the warehouse on Friday who will be able to help you. All of our staff perform many different functions and are often out on the road visiting shops or at the port collecting goods etc.

You can try and phone Ben in the morning and see if he can help you. You would need to give him a time you intend to get dowen there.

As i have said in an earlier answer, i will put up a special post tommorrow morning after i have talked to my staff about the possibility of having some extra AFO sessions before the May ones

Cheers

Orca

Just spoke to Ben and was very helpful !!! looking forward to meeting the team on the 7th !!

good to hear - it means i dont have to punch him!:lol:

Should be a new post up later today. I have written it but needs Angus to do a couple of things to it first. We have added 4 extra dates before May 7th.

Cheers

Mike Cole (Orca)

• 4 weeks later...

Will possibly be dragging my uncle down (well up for him) this saturday for a look. He is involved with quite a few different camping/fishing publications across different media streams, but unfortunately most of the are bcf ads, so probably wouldn't get the company a plug. Regardless, he seems pretty interested to come have a look at the stock for a bit of personal use, not that he ever gets time :P

Archived