Nordic Stage “Areal� Pre Sales Offer

Obsession_Fishing

post-63-144598592209_thumb.jpg

post-63-144598592211_thumb.jpg

post-63-144598592213_thumb.jpg

Postage in a hard tube can be made anywhere in Australia for: $10.00

Each Areal rod features low resin technology ensuring they are light and easy to cast. They remain hard enough however to shoot small lures over a respectable distance and wrangle fish seemingly beyond their capabilities. All Areal's are equipped with Fuji SIC Titanium guides and Fuji VSS reel seats.

Several AFO anglers including Do$tylz, Ryanyoung, Young_fella, Angus, 51MPL, Scopes and Angrybundybear have all used these rods to date if further personal testimonials are desired. The Areal range (among other Nordic Stage models) have been fairly evident in their reports. AFO member Nadders has also headed out on the bay today chasing Longtails with two models to try so we eagerly await his report!

Inspections on each 3 models of Areal are welcome by appointment if you desire before committing to purchase as we do of course have samples already in stock.

If you are interested in learning more about these rods, making an appointment to inspect or placing an order please send a private message on this site, or email us: Obsession_Fishing@hotmail.com

This offer will remain available until the 1st of May at which point RRP’s will strictly apply. There are limited numbers available in this first order and it will be first in best dressed regarding stock.

Specs on the 3 Area models:

post-9039-144598592102_thumb.jpg

post-63-144598592205_thumb.jpg

They sure look the goods anyone know what the ideal reel size would be for the gunslinger and how it goes with lighter weights like 1/16 jig heads.

Cheers

Mark

Mate I feel I can give you some feedback here as I have been using a Gunslinger for a few months now.

I have it matched with my Stella 1000 which works well as do Daiwa 1000 reel (Exist and Luvias have been on it).

1/16 Jig Heads are fine and will flick for ages. In fact I would not consider this that "light" as a lot of the plastics work I have used it for has been with 1/32 jig heads and 2 inch shrimps or D Grubs chasing bream in the canals.

As per the above article though, despite this whippy feeling that the Gunslinger has, its has a strength in the but that makes fighting fish with confidence achievable. Both the below fish were caught on the Gunslinger and it handled them well. And yes I know the barra is a barra park barra, but it still had some weight to it :)

Mate your welcome to come have a flick with mine and try some reels on it etc if you want.

Angus

post-63-144598592216_thumb.jpg

That Barra would've put a hell of a bend i that little rod, I was thinking along the lines of a Stradic 1000 CI4 mated up with it for use in the kayak with Bream season coming around it would be a good light combo. Will have to save a few pennies.

Cheers

Mark

Well ask Scopes how he goes with it as thats exactly his combo :)

post-63-144598592221_thumb.jpg

Hey Angus, have you or anyone else tried the other 2 models (Jaeger and Sharpshooter)? How do they handle?

cheers

Hey mate. Yeap sure have. They are both awesome as well. Slightly longer and slightly heavier than the Ginslinger. However thats not saying they are heavy! Still a lot lighter to feel and hold that many rods out there. Prob due to the ultra low resin tech.

You have prob seen this picture from one of the Coomera reports of Henry loaded up on a Jaeger with a nice GT.

post-63-144598592227_thumb.jpg

PF - Mate I use the Gunslinger to cast a 1/42 gamakatsu cobra head jighead and 1.5" placcy in the canals. A very short stroke and it flings wwwaayy further than you anticipate.

I think you'll find the ci4 will give you a good neutral balance on the rod. The ci4 comes in at ~175gm and the stella comes in at ~170gm. So you will find the neutral balance will only be around 4cm away from the base of the reel.

At 82gm for the entire rod (7gm for the tip) the Gunslinger is ridiculously light.

Genesis - The Gunslinger action is a slower than the Jaeger and Sharpshooter. Good for hardbody fishing where pulling the hooks on a fish is a worry, or casting in tight spaces (jungle bashing, small canal fishing). I'll load up some pics this week of the different loads on the 3 rods so you can see.

unfortunately no tuna to show for my efforts, 108km clocked on the trip and only managed to find 2 or 3 small schools of un-keen mac tuna :( and not a longtail in sight. All i can do is vouch for the castability of the lenders I was using, and their ability to skulldrag vermin reefies from harrys :whistle:

had 2 rods on board, 8ft 10-16lb "Partner" with 3000 stella, and 9ft 10-20lb "Favourite" with twinpower 5000. both setups able to sling relatively light lures a long way, which would have been a great help if there were any longies to throw em at :lol:

personally i preferred the lighter combo but both have their place, the butt section power of both is relatively similar, and the longer rod obviously has a slight casting advantage.

cheers for the lend anyway gus hopefully can redeem myself next window of good weather :sick:

p3310972.jpg

p3310975.jpg

p3310974.jpg

I was loaned a gunslinger until the top half was abducted by aliens.

Very fast whippy rod, great for my style of fishing (finesse bream, trev etc)

Loads up so easy and handled 40cm trevs easy - soo much fun!

ps. I need a top haha =] Let me know when i can pickup - also, can i drop by sometime and have a look at the sharpshooter?

Cheers

ps. I need a top haha =] Let me know when i can pickup - also, can i drop by sometime and have a look at the sharpshooter?

Cheers

51MPL: The tops halves are coming in with the rest of the order so we will have them in June. We will certainly sort you out them (darned Aliens).

The top halves will become part of the Nordic Stage warranty and a cache will be kept at all times for replacement at wholesale cost to those that break their (within reason).

Cheers

51MPL: The tops halves are coming in with the rest of the order so we will have them in June. We will certainly sort you out them (darned Aliens).

The top halves will become part of the Nordic Stage warranty and a cache will be kept at all times for replacement at wholesale cost to those that break their (within reason).

Is that like a loomis/lox warranty?

Manni79,

you should be extremly happy with the Jaeger had for a little time now and its a fantastic rod...

Angus

may have to get you to put me down for a Gunslinger aswell when do you require monies etc.. Definatly want one though

Hey Mate

I used the Jaeger on Saturday Bass fishing and absolutely loved it, heaps light yet very strong and although the Bass weren't big they had some go in them and loved the feel of the rod

Just can't wait to get em delivered now !!

Goodluck with the comp and debut!

Would you know how the Sharpshooter balances with a Stradic CI4 2500?

With a CI4 2500 the rod would be slightly bottom heavy as they seem to find a perfect nuetral balance with 1000 size reels.

With this in mind it would still be highly suitable for plastics fishing where your rod tip is up more often than anyway, or bait fishing it makes little difference anyway.

It would only have a noticable effect flicking smaller hard bodies as you would have to angle/hold the tip down to achieve a perfect retrieve. Unless of course you are flats fishing or even throwing lipless vibes and working them through the water quite hard both of which techniques call for an elevated tip (depending of course on fishing style).

In short the Sharpshooters suitable balance with a 2500 CI4 is really dependant on your fishing style and preferences. Not everyone after all prefers a perfectly nuetral balance... You are of course welcome to pop your 2500 on the sample model Sharpshooter and have a good feel of the balance yourself if you are so inclined.

Although I'm a novice angler (My 2 cents) I used the Jaeger last weekend the middle sized rod between the gunslinger & Sharpshooter, I used a CI4 2500 and found it quite good, flicked hard bodies around all day for about 6 hours catching Bass & Spanglies

Didn't get a sore wrist and i liked the balance, i didn't try it with a 1000 series real though....

Thanks for the feedback guys,

The style of fishing you described pretty much is exactly what I use anyways, rod pointed down with HB's and slightly elevated with plastics.

Aslong as it doesn't hurt after hours of casting it should feel good.

Will see if Khoi is making a purchase and will order with him.

Thanks

Mate I feel I can give you some feedback here as I have been using a Gunslinger for a few months now.

I have it matched with my Stella 1000 which works well as do Daiwa 1000 reel (Exist and Luvias have been on it).

1/16 Jig Heads are fine and will flick for ages. In fact I would not consider this that "light" as a lot of the plastics work I have used it for has been with 1/32 jig heads and 2 inch shrimps or D Grubs chasing bream in the canals.

As per the above article though, despite this whippy feeling that the Gunslinger has, its has a strength in the but that makes fighting fish with confidence achievable. Both the below fish were caught on the Gunslinger and it handled them well. And yes I know the barra is a barra park barra, but it still had some weight to it :)

Mate your welcome to come have a flick with mine and try some reels on it etc if you want.

Angus

Angus, was that the gunslinger I had a little play with at your place when I picked up the tourny shirt? Just snapped the tip off my bream rod and need a new home for my sienna 1000. Bloody typical too, the week before I head to forster for easter hols to chase big bream and i break my rod :(

cheers

duane

Thanks for the feedback guys,

The style of fishing you described pretty much is exactly what I use anyways, rod pointed down with HB's and slightly elevated with plastics.

Aslong as it doesn't hurt after hours of casting it should feel good.

Will see if Khoi is making a purchase and will order with him.

Thanks

Mate... the weights of the rods are all under 100gm so I'd be VERY surprised if anyone gets a sore arm casting these all day compared to what they're used to.

The gunslinger is at 82gm ( i actually weighed it on digital scales and it came in at 81.8gm)- tops half 7gm, the Jaeger is 87gm - top half 8gm and the sharpshooter is 93gm - top half 9gm.

Angus

Angus, was that the gunslinger I had a little play with at your place when I picked up the tourny shirt? Just snapped the tip off my bream rod and need a new home for my sienna 1000. Bloody typical too, the week before I head to forster for easter hols to chase big bream and i break my rod :(

cheers

duane

The rod you had a feel of at Angus's place was the Gunslinger mate yes.

Angus

cheers

duane

The rod you had a feel of at Angus's place was the Gunslinger mate yes.

Thanks. Put me down for a gunslinger then. Let me know when you need the cash by.

Cheers

Duane

• 3 weeks later...

Archived