Proposal to reduce yellowbelly bag limit to 5?

rayke1938

From what I could gather the proposal was for SIP waters only.

I think that it would have an adverse effect on a lot of the inland dams where a majority of the fishos come along to get a feed rather than sport fish.Both Brian Dare and Nugget seemed against the move.

Cheers

Ray

i agree about the taste of em, and i also believe it wont be a limit per day thing also, it will probably be in possession, what next, 20 red claw ! pffft they're dreamin! these fools know how to hurt the economy i reckon, this bloody country is getting beyond a joke, seriously...... i better go b4 i think too much about this and those asylum seekers!

Ridiculous. Stocked impoundments are stocked for a reason. 10 is not a lot to have a few in the freezer for later consumption, especially when you drive 4 hours each way to fish your favourite dams.

Just because you may not like the taste of a fish is no reason to deny them for those that do.

What is their reasoning ? I can't think of anything valid.

i personally even 5 per person is more than enough. i'd make it 3 per person if i made the rules.

I think the proposal for this is to make the rules in line with NSW and vic? I could be wrong.

the below info was found on fishing australia. Only shows the bag limits in each state, but the proposal could follow the southern state trends?

Golden Perch Size and Bag Limits

Please Note: Bag limits, minimum and maximum lengths are subject to change and review by your State Fisheries Department.

STATE SIZE LIMIT BAG LIMIT

QLD 30cm 10

NSW 30cm 5

VIC 30cm 5

TAS - -

SA 33cm Bag Limit 5 / Boat Limit 15

WA - -

NT - -

ACT - -

cheers

I've never caught one on a lure yet. Must be a lot rarer than Mary River Cod IMO. More left in the dams the better my chances of catching one.

That's because all the catch and release only guys are putting the bad memories back in the water with the fish :whistle: :lol:

Ridiculous. Stocked impoundments are stocked for a reason. 10 is not a lot to have a few in the freezer for later consumption, especially when you drive 4 hours each way to fish your favourite dams.

Just because you may not like the taste of a fish is no reason to deny them for those that do.

Think like a pollie...less fish taken = less restocking needed = less funding = more areas to syphon off revenue = more gravy train money :(

Think like a pollie...less fish taken = less restocking needed = less funding = more areas to syphon off revenue = more gravy train money :(

SPOT ON mate they take what's not tied down

SPOT ON mate they take what's not tied down

Sorry dassa...they have the razor gang so they could get that too

freshwater fish tastes like crud anyway, throw em back so the kids can take their kids one day

They are talking about STOCKED dams Trav !!!!!! There will be plenty for the kids with a bag limit of 20 !

This is why we pay for a SIP.

The money thing isn't a valid issue either. They spend more on grog for Christmas time.....:evil: :evil: :evil: :angry: :angry: :angry:

And freshwater fish tastes fine when you know how to fillet them properly. You wont find a better flesh than that of a Murray Cod. Yellowbelly is as good as chicken.

5 in the wild (west of the divide or Fitzroy catchement)is more than enough.

SEQ stocked impoundments are an exeption to the translocation policy and are stocked as put and take 10 is fair 5 would allow more funds for the stocking of other species.

In east coast streams they are non indiginous natives and and should be treated as such.

Nothing wrong with removing 35 from Yabba Creek they do not belong there.

5 in the wild (west of the divide or Fitzroy catchement)is more than enough.

SEQ stocked impoundments are an exeption to the translocation policy and are stocked as put and take 10 is fair 5 would allow more funds for the stocking of other species.

In east coast streams they are non indiginous natives and and should be treated as such.

Nothing wrong with removing 35 from Yabba Creek they do not belong there.

yes but in saying that, neither does the bass, silver perch and saratoga. and that was only one given day, what happens when the spillway stop flowing and and people keep taking there max limit. no more fish, its happened in the past. what ever happened to the saying, "limit your catch, don't catch your limit." any way thats my thoughts, I'm not here to get into a debate about it.

Archived