Jindalee Bridge

Liquor Box

I have just discovered this site and am keen to try the Brisbane River. I usually go to Tweed Heads and fish there for Bream but now want to try local fishing.

The Bridge at Jindalee (centenary Highway) is probably the closest point of the river to my place.

Is it a good place to fish?

Will i just get catfish?

What bait works best (i am used to prawns and mullet fillets).

Does anyone know what the difference in the tite times are compared to the brisbane bar? Is there an internet site for this.

Sorry to ask so much but i need to make sure i am successful as i am taking the missus and if she catches fish we seem to go more often:P

Mate expect a lot of catfish....

However a lot of guys catch meter long Threadfin Salmon, Flathead, Sharks, Bream, Whiting a lot further up river than that, so all those species must be there as well.

Check out in the forums all the report on Moggill and Kookaburra park as anything caught there will be where you are well.

Good fishing mate!!

And most importantly welcome to the site!

Angus

mackmauler wrote:

the pontoon to the downstream side of the bridge is popular and without the infernal noise of fishing under the bridge. catties and more catties im afraid, there are more pleasant spots to fish up past mt ommmaney again catties.

How do you find the pontoon? Is it near the car park on the jindalee side of the bridge?

I dont mind where i go, mt omaney would do fine.

I have never caught a cat fish, do they fight? are they easy to catch or do they require some skill? I only use prawns as bait so i assume that this will be fine.

Thanks for the feedback guys, it is really appreciated.

Does anyone know about the tides?

Thanks

I ate a muddy from around Indooroopilly a couple of months ago. It was okay, but there was something a little strange about the flavour, but hey, they're free!. I didn't get sick or anything though.

And do you have a boat at all? Cause there a few structures a little downstream of the bridge that I like.

Post edited by: obone, at: 2007/05/28 17:13

obone wrote:

And do you have a boat at all? Cause there a few structures a little downstream of the bridge that I like.<br /><br />Post edited by: obone, at: 2007/05/28 17:13

I dont own one, but have plenty of access to one. any hints on where the structure is???

Ha yeh sure. Bout k downstream there's an old cement plant. Its on like a bend in the river you cant miss it, big concrete platform with hundreds of pilons.

I find i generally get a bit around there.

Catty's mainly and last time i went i used some old indian take away (tandoori chicken!), and they went nuts for that. Don't know if it was the chicken or just the right time to fish! Cheers, Joel

Post edited by: obone, at: 2007/05/28 20:24

Yeah nothing but Catfish out that way. Alot of people head around that area for bull sharks. When i went sharking around that area a couple of months ago this old guy showed me a pic of a fisherman and catch of his 1.4 metre bullshark. i was unsuccessful in catching any but i heard there is alot in that area.

Archived