Glenlyon dam = insane yellowbelly fishing

fisherjack1394

ok guys i'm going to do a report below but if you down twant to read the entire thing i'll put the results here now.

Jewfish = 19 landed

Yellowbelly = 38 landed

silver pearch = 12 landed

murray cod = 2 landed

DAY ONE

On a very chilly saterday morning at 2am, two very silly men were awake and on the road to glenlyon dam which is close to the boarder of QLD and NSW. arriving at the dam at around 7am the early morning bite had been missed but we were still very hopefull of hauling a few in. we started at one of the many points casting deep diving lures, this approach saw us 6 hours in without a fish and without a bite. A quick run to the kiosk found dad holding many sausage rolls and a few packets of worms.

dad said "I was just talking to one of the locals and he recons that the fish arnt biting on lures and havent been for the last few weeks". well alrite then we'll try and use some worms as bait. this is where the fun really started with us landing 6 jewfish, 11 silver pearch and 5 yellowbelly that afternoon. all of the yellowbelly came on lures though while i was waiting for the bite :cheer: Here are some pics from the first day.

DSCN0638.jpg

DSCN0644.jpg

DSCN0649.jpg

DSCN0656.jpg

DSCN0674.jpg

DSCN0673.jpg

finnaly some yellowbelly on the lures

DSCN0675.jpg

DSCN0679.jpg

DSCN0683.jpg

DSCN0685.jpg

Not a bad first day on the water.

DAY 2

with an early start we where planning to be the first out on the dam and be in time for the early morning bite. as it turned out we launched the boat without the bungs :ohmy: and it filled up with water. so half an hour later and all the water drained out of the hull we where ready for the big one, :cheer: :silly:

our mornign started well with dad laning a nice yellowbelly with the first cast of the day. after this it became a trend and we ended up with 16 fish before breky. one of these fish included my first ever murray cod. i was so happy. ;)

DSCN0698.jpg

DSCN0706.jpg

DSCN0707.jpg

DSCN0711.jpg

DSCN0716.jpg

DSCN0718.jpg

the day went really well from here and we caught a heap more including another cod which had a tag in him. the yellowbelly really seem to turn on and off in glenlyon and if you dont seem to get any bites for 20mins or so dont give up because when they turn on you'll get 5 or 6 really quick and then nothing for half an hour.

DSCN0719.jpg

DSCN0722.jpg

DSCN0726.jpg

DSCN0727.jpg

DSCN0742.jpg

DSCN0743.jpg

DSCN0752.jpg

not a bad day 2 haha

DAY 3 LAST SESSION

so it was our last session on the dam before we had to leave for home. I made full use of the hour on the water landing 5 very good sized yellowbelly. dad unfortunatly didnt even get a bite but as we all know "thats fishing"

DSCN0758.jpg

overall it was a great trip and i will be doing it all agin very soon. afterall 72 fish in 2 days is pretty good :cheer:

thanks for reading

Archived